The unofficial GUN talk thread

Nate

Founding Father
Finally finished off the under bench storage in my basement gun shop/work area. Also closed off some shelves that are on the opposite side of the room. Just need to do some painting now.

Who needs some work done?

20130122_140701.jpg

20130122_135517.jpg

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
true. 

are you , or have you taken some smithing classes?  I found some a while back and they looked interesting. Seems like a bit of a dying art. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Nate

Founding Father
Nope. Self taught. But with a background of a machinist, and basically being a kid that loved to take things apart and put them back together, I grasp the know how. I've modified every single gun I own. Glocks are SUPER easy once you dig into knowing how they really work, and of course AR's are just big kid tinker toys. I think I've assembled near a dozen stripped lowers at this point, and can completely strip a Glock down to a pile of parts in about 45 seconds.

I have compiled lots of specialty tooling needed to work on guns, and I'm buying more all the time. I should have a sight pusher soon so I can start swapping sights.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Nope. Self taught. But with a background of a machinist, and basically being a kid that loved to take things apart and put them back together, I grasp the know how. I've modified every single gun I own. Glocks are SUPER easy once you dig into knowing how they really work, and of course AR's are just big kid tinker toys. I think I've assembled near a dozen stripped lowers at this point, and can completely strip a Glock down to a pile of parts in about 45 seconds.

I have compiled lots of specialty tooling needed to work on guns, and I'm buying more all the time. I should have a sight pusher soon so I can start swapping sights.
I forgot about your dad's shop and that connection. 

if you get that sight pusher shoot me a quote on some fiber or tritium sights for the SR9

Nate

Founding Father
I have 2 fully polished Glock target triggers (serrated triggers), and a polished 3.5lb trigger bar ready for install.

Jamey

Well shot the glock with nates trigger job deff a difference I like it much much smoother only shot 2 mags worth to damn cold. Thanks Nate ! Highly recomend !

C2B42E37-7B67-4C4F-AFE5-B88762E849AF-3263-00000236D16C154E.jpg
also put this on today
default_smile.png

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Went to the local gun store today. They are running pretty low on a lot of stuff. 

I'm still kind of looking for a semi auto rifle with an external mag, or even a bolt action. Something around a 30-06, or somewhat similar. Also would prefer a wood stock.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Just found out about a full service gun shop that's about 5 minutes from my house! How did I never know of this?! They sell new and used guns, ammo, do any type of repair imaginable, and they're prices look decent too.

i-wagon

jason, check out the ruger gunsite scout. bolt action .308 with ten round external mags

maniac, i can't like that enough!

Latest posts

Back