The unofficial GUN talk thread

x2

I'd like to know how the DPMS is holding up for you. Original barrel? Any internal upgrades?

Brighton, check out the Kimbers. Prices have become more reasonable recently. They have a model or two under 1k now.

My DPMS has never given me any issues. Yes it is the original barrel . I also use a CMMG .22lr conversion on it with the same barrel . I choose not to go with a Chrome lined barrel as it is known not to be as accurate .. I have a True M16 bolt carrier I have yet to try. Might have to change the recoil spring for it

As far as Specs ... its a M4 design . So it has the notch out for the M203. The feed ramps of a M4 . Surefire quad rail , I have some Yankee Hill fold down iron sites I need to add on as well . Oh and cont forget the PMAGS
default_biggrin.png

Ty Ty

Yep. I never noticed when I first loaded the magazine, but discovered it this afternoon when I unloaded the mag to put in some hollow points.

Ty Ty

Yeeess...

I couldn't help myself. The cheapest thing I have to shoot is probably a 9mm, and everything just gets more expensive from there. Hell...the Enfield is like shooting dollar bills out the end of the barrel, haha. I came home with a box of 525 .22 for less than 20 bucks, you just can't beat that.

Last edited by a moderator:

RabbitWRX

Yeeess...

I couldn't help myself. The cheapest thing I have to shoot is probably a 9mm, and everything just gets more expensive from there. Hell...the Enfield is like shooting dollar bills out the end of the barrel, haha. I cam home with a box of 525 .22 for less than 20 bucks, you just can't beat that.
Cant go wrong with a ruger 1022.

inski

Ty--That thing is awesome! Wish I had one. Kicking myself now, I had the chance to get one.

Scout rifle progress.

-Long eye relief scope.

-Barrel cut and re-crowned to 19" and re-blued.

-Rear sight removed and machined and tapped for scope rail.

-Monte Carlo style Synthetic stock.

Shoots 7.62x54R which is similar to 30-06. I think we're doing a AK style muzzle brake next. Probably shoots fireballs now.

100_3126.jpg

100_3127.jpg

inski

Let me give you guys the costs so far...

$99 rifle

$30 long eye relief scope & rings

$50 stock

$3 trigger spring repair

$45 cut, re-crown, and cold blue(raw barrel tip) Barrel.

$55 Machine, pin, and tap the scope rail in the old rear sight spot.

RabbitWRX

Let me give you guys the costs so far...

$99 rifle

$30 long eye relief scope & rings

$50 stock

$3 trigger spring repair

$45 cut, re-crown, and cold blue(raw barrel tip) Barrel.

$55 Machine, pin, and tap the scope rail in the old rear sight spot.
that's I nice looking rifle. I have a mosin nagant that I want to do something with, but ive been trying to buy bulk ammo for my M1 Garand.

Nate

Founding Father
Yay inski!!! That looks awful familiar.

2011-05-06200348.jpg

You def do need a brake though, and a bent bolt.

2011-05-06200521.jpg

2011-06-07155348.jpg

PS.. Get at me. I have something for that bad boy you might be interested in. A two stage trigger spring. I ordered two when I bought mine. Just in case. But I think you need it more then I do.

inski

I'll take it Nate. Send me a link to the details. This thing is getting more and more fun everyday. Thanks to Northeastern in Turner for the gunsmithing. They made taking the next steps easier.

that's I nice looking rifle. I have a mosin nagant that I want to do something with, but ive been trying to buy bulk ammo for my M1 Garand.
30-06 is tough to find cheap, but its worth it for a M1 Garand. I'd love to have one for a day and about 200-300 rnds. No problem sacrificing my shoulder that day for 2 weeks of bruising.
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back