The unofficial GUN talk thread

smelt240

Do I keep the M4 Bushmaster,or trade it for a like new HK USP .45 with 2 hi cap mags with $80 worth of ammo??? (I already have 2 other ARs,and an HK USP .45 tactical) Im not sure which is the better one to own...

inski

I'd wait for a better deal since you already have the tactical. The Bushy and USP are worth about the same.

Ty Ty

Looks like a photoshopped April fools joke to me.
default_happy.png

smelt240

I thought the 1911 looked a little unusual. Id like to see it happen though. As far as my trade,I think Ill hang on to the AR for now.

GClark

Thought I would put this here....

Tec-9.. Newly Duracoated. The gun had been poorly stored for quite a few years before a friend of mine got his hands on it. It was starting to get some deep surface rust, and pitting on the original black finish. I stripped it down and had the upper receiver/barrel Duracoated a stainless silver color. Really came out nice!

2012-03-22151332.jpg

That looks really good Nate. Way better then when we shot it. Remember hip fire for greater close range accuracy.

smelt240

Im looking at getting set up to do Duracoat. I have a few airbrushes,small jamb guns etc. Plus a good size blasting cabinet.Hope to get an oven soon,then Ill post some pics of the Saiga 12,its going to be my first attempt.Olive drab with all satin black furniture,and under barrel launcher. Im hoping my thumb will be back in action soon,then this stuff will be a little easier,my knuckle has pretty much come apart and fallen down into itself now,pretty sore.

Nate

Founding Father
Anyone interested in a Yankee Hill Machine Rifle length (Light Weight) forearm for an AR? I can sell it with Magpul XTM panel covers and ladder covers too (additional $50). I'm thinking about changing the setup. Looking for interest in this first. Its used, but not a mark on it. Includes the end cap too ($20)

Link from their website (hard to come by because it's back ordered all over the place)

http://yhm.net/index...&products_id=83

The gun:

2011-09-02171716.jpg

Might even be interested in selling the Aimpoint. Open to offers.

Last edited by a moderator:

inski

Looking to buy a used Remington 12ga 870 Barrel. 20-26 inches is fine. I'd prefer a 20 inch with a bead sight on the end but if you have a longer one I can cut it to the length I need. If its beat up I'm interested! Hoping to get something in the $30-$40 range, or cheaper.

Also looking for a cheap 5 round 5.56/223 magazine. If you have one or 2 or 3 you're not using I'd be interested for the right price.

brighton

Rally Fluffer
Looking to buy a used Remington 12ga 870 Barrel. 20-26 inches is fine. I'd prefer a 20 inch with a bead sight on the end but if you have a longer one I can cut it to the length I need. If its beat up I'm interested! Hoping to get something in the $30-$40 range, or cheaper.

Also looking for a cheap 5 round 5.56/223 magazine. If you have one or 2 or 3 you're not using I'd be interested for the right price.
I can't help you with the Rem barrel, but as for mags, check out http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MMAG217Blk&name=Magpul+20rd+.223+AR15%2fM16+PMAG+Magazine+Black&groupid=14 I've bought 8 of them for Pedro and I. Work great.

brighton said:
I can't help you with the Rem barrel, but as for mags, check out http://www.aimsurplu...lack&groupid=14 I've bought 8 of them for Pedro and I. Work great.

I just saw that the black mags are out of stock but the tan ones are instock and free shipping/ no tax.

inski

Found the 5rd mags I need at G3, Auburn. A lot pricier than I thought. $19, but about half the cost of a Bushmaster. I saw something online for less. ..I just have to find then again.

Still need a Remington 870 barrel. Anyone got one for sale?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Kittery has a box of barrels in the gun section typically. I can stop on my way home if you want.

inski

Kittery has a box of barrels in the gun section typically. I can stop on my way home if you want.
Thanks Pedro, I forgot about them. That would be great if you could do that but dont bother if you have stuff going on.

Finally got into the 1911 game. Bought a Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced. Love it!

(pic)
Hell yeah! Nice one Nate! Nice one. I know the Enhanced is more. But what exactly does it feature? The regular R1s are pretty sweet themselves.

Nate

Founding Father
Extended safety, extended mag release, beaver tail, extended grip safety, skeletonized hammer, better trigger, flared ejection port, better sights, more machining of slide, and checkering, grip panels, blah blah.

It's awesome!

MuddyWRX

Anyone had the chance to shoot a glock 30 or 36? Looking for a smaller .45 for CC, my 21 is just a little too big for summer. My concern is if .45 in a smaller frame gun might be too hard to control and get more than 1 shot off.

Latest posts

Back