The unofficial GUN talk thread

MuddyWRX

Shot with Nate's trigger job finally the other day. Took some getting used to I'm used to resetting the trigger and coming up against the release point, with the trigger job it just kind of transitions through all of the motions so much smoother. I was messing with my stance/grip etc so the grouping wasn't the best but I was putting more shots into the same holes this time. This was 20 shots of .45.

IMG_20130210_155108_574_zpsc489958b.jpg

At this distance:

IMG_20130210_155141_674_zps92e845f2.jpg

The first target holder is 25 yards so I was shooting at like 10-12 maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:

Impreza05

Declare things go smoothly, don't declare and I see it you come out by the short hairs and make out with the pavement with a Glock 21 to your head.

Nate

Founding Father
Inski, I have a stack of those too. If it's easier you can get one from me.

My girlfriend is a officer here in Lewiston. Although declaring might be a good ideain ways, it's not leagally required. I think it's gonna come down to situation. If I'm getting pulled over for speed or minor infraction, and it's concealed on my body as it should be, it's my business. I'm breaking no laws. If the officer asks me to step out of the car they may pat me down, then I'll mention it as to not catch the office off guard. Or if I have it on the seat or in the glovebox then I'll mention it only if I have to go there. I also keep all my info on my visor so I don't EVER have to dig for it.

My permit was issued in Lewiston, so LPD and other androscoggin cops using the same computer system can see I have a permit. It comes up on their screen as an extra tab when they run my license.

I just chose to not make more of a situation then need be. I'm legal to carry, if it doesn't effect the situation then don't bring it up. But keep your hands on the wheel and away from it. Why run the chance of being pulled out of a car on the side of a road for nothing. You have to understand the most cops are supporters of conceal carry.

That's my 2 cents.

Impreza05

There is no state data base that shows you have a permit. We use a program called IMC and if a permit is issued by an agency that also uses it then we can see but its not automatic.Like I said its a good idea to let us know if your legal to carry it shouldnt bother you to let us know and possibly save yourself a lot of hassle. Remember we dont know you and when we see gun its time to think the worst to be safe.

I did the same, great for rifle shooting but no place for closer targets so I had to make one.
I put mine on the chicken wire and just pace off if no one else is there. Makes it easier when Im showing someone different things or tactical stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
There is no state data base that shows you have a permit. We use a program called IMC and if a permit is issued by an agency that also uses it then we can see but its not automatic.Like I said its a good idea to let us know if your legal to carry it shouldnt bother you to let us know and possibly save yourself a lot of hassle. Remember we dont know you and when we see gun its time to think the worst to be safe.

I put mine on the chicken wire and just pace off if no one else is there. Makes it easier when Im showing someone different things or tactical stuff.
As long as you guys don't go all LAPD on people they won't have a problem disclosing that info. 
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back