The unofficial GUN talk thread

gearsoup

Yeah, but they don't make a single stack yet. That's what I'm after.

Went to Howells, put a refundable deposit down on one. The Shield that was coming in was already sold, but they are getting a few a month, now I'm at the top of the official list. Will call or visit Up in Arms tonight perhaps.

I'd really like to keep it a 9mm, mainly so my wife will be comfortable shooting it. Only enough money at this point for one handgun....

i-wagon

so the woman thought she'd do something nice and bought me a 3.5lb trigger connector for my glock. a nice gesture, especially for her, but i cannot recommend the lone wolf trigger connector. i was shipped the old type by the seller, instead of the new type ( new type may be better quality, idk) and there were several issues i had to work out with a dremel and a 220 grit sandpaper disk, then a polish to get rid the sanding marks. more specifics via pm if people are interested. overall install time 1.5 hours ( put it in, take it out, sand, polish, put it in, take it out, repeat)

Nate

Founding Father
so the woman thought she'd do something nice and bought me a 3.5lb trigger connector for my glock. a nice gesture, especially for her, but i cannot recommend the lone wolf trigger connector. i was shipped the old type by the seller, instead of the new type ( new type may be better quality, idk) and there were several issues i had to work out with a dremel and a 220 grit sandpaper disk, then a polish to get rid the sanding marks. more specifics via pm if people are interested. overall install time 1.5 hours ( put it in, take it out, sand, polish, put it in, take it out, repeat)
Sometimes it's just worth paying a professional.

i-wagon

Sometimes it's just worth paying a professional.
That was the plan, but I guess I can't really complain if she wants to buy gun parts. Got it squared away now
Did shoot it a bit earlier, seems a lot nicer

Last edited by a moderator:

boxerboost

The thing that concerns me about the xds, and I've heard this from multiple sources, is that it can be finicky on ammo selection. Seems to be the place that the Shield pulls ahead. At any rate, they will both be getting visits today..
If you're considering the shield,

is worth watching...I'll sacrifice a the thinness of the shield for the extra rounds out of a M&P compact.

Depending on how you'll carry, the shield actually prints a little further on the back end of the mag, they don't weigh much less, etc.

I'm very happy with my M&P9c so far.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I really want a 1911, or even better, a Desert Eagle. So much money though.

EJ dual range tranny, or another gun? Hmmmmmmmmm

inski

Been considering trading my Para 1911 to a Springfield XD-45 Tac. Maybe a G21SF if I could get it with 4 mags.

Also thinking about trading my Kahr CW45 for a CW 40 or 9, or a CM.

gearsoup

The thing that concerns me about the xds, and I've heard this from multiple sources, is that it can be finicky on ammo selection. Seems to be the place that the Shield pulls ahead. At any rate, they will both be getting visits today..
If you're considering the shield, this clip is worth watching...

I'll sacrifice a the thinness of the shield for the extra rounds out of a M&P compact.

Depending on how you'll carry, the shield actually prints a little further on the back end of the mag, they don't weigh much less, etc.

I'm very happy with my M&P9c so far.
That was one of the videos that actually tipped me in the direction of the Shield.

First and foremost, I needed a gun that my wife would not be intimidated by. She has smaller hands than I, and the Compact felt awesome in my hand. I knew it would be too big for my wife (she has never shot a handgun before). Furthermore, I will be carrying IWB, or shoulder holster, so thinner is better. I can see the argument for more rounds to send downrange, but isn't that what heavy training is for?

Gretsch308

I really want a 1911, or even better, a Desert Eagle. So much money though.

EJ dual range tranny, or another gun? Hmmmmmmmmm
Just sayin!

a2yzuzas.jpg

unyzysus.jpg

Latest posts

Back