The unofficial GUN talk thread

Nate

Founding Father
20131115_161215_zps8546de92.jpg

Poor picture. But this is my newly upgraded Remington R1 Enhanced. It's got a Wilson Combat extended mag release and slide release, Smith & Alexander Magwell, VZ Operator slim grips, 5 CMC Power mags +. Soon I'll get some new night sights.

Night sights are on the top of the list for things to do. Right now I am going to work on form and accuracy. I have no problems using just the black sights.

Matt

What's it worth???

"I have a S&W. M&P AR-15. never fired and has all the quad rails, carrying handle with scope rail mount and tactical fore grip. Barrel is 16" and has the sliding stock. It has 6 _30 round magpul mags all with 30 rounds. I even have the original box and it will also come with the soft ammo case. 180 total rounds of .223"

abary3ed.jpg

u6uha7us.jpg

qybubymu.jpg

deguru7e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

i-wagon

No new gunstuff, but my surefire g2 has had a burnt bulb for months, convinced the woman to let me buy the led drop in for it. Now I'll be checking the post office daily. Link later

Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0058E8HYE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1385766631&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70
this came today. Fit with one of the recommended modifications I read online. Good good light out to a hundred yards (like shoot critters light) decent light out to 200 (see critters) 30ft in broad daylight stunned and blinded the father in law for a few seconds, so def good for"self defense tactical blinding jdmyo navy seal" action

inski

What's it worth??? "I have a S&W. M&P AR-15. never fired _
deguru7e.jpg
I'd say 7-10 depending on whether you find the right customer.  Trade or sell outright at a dealer will be less due to the market is flooded with ARs.  Being a S&W is a good thing, people recognize those.

this came today. Fit with one of the recommended modifications I read online. Good good light out to a hundred yards (like shoot critters light) decent light out to 200 (see critters) 30ft in broad daylight stunned and blinded the father in law for a few seconds, so def good for"self defense tactical blinding jdmyo navy seal" action
before and after pics would have been horny. 

i-wagon

Yeah I spent 4 hours doing swaybar bushings so I didn't get a comparison pic, but his stock g2 might as well be a mini mag light compared to my led upgraded one

Matt

Thanks Inski. A guy wanted to trade it to me for my 86 z28. Claimed it was worth 2 grand. I didn't think it was worth any where near that.

Nate

Founding Father
Dropped my 1911 off to the doctor yesterday for some hands on attention. Left it with Gus from Angus arms. It's getting new night sights, trigger rework, setting and pinning my over travel screw, fixing a little fitment issue with the frame, and zeroing it at 10 yards. Can't wait to get it back. It's gonna be my bitch after. I plan to start training with it. Building it to be run hard.

inski

How many rounds do the +mags hold?  Whats the fitment issue with the frame?  We have a R1/E also.  The kid has barely shot it but it seems to be in tip top shape so far.

Glad you got a mag well.  That was my number one  issue when I used my 1911 during competition.  Mag changes on a single stack are so much more like precision surgery than a double stack mag.  

Nate

Founding Father
Little bit of a rub between the slide and the dust cover. He plans to just smooth the dust cover down a bit. It was starting to rub the bluing off the slide. Might even just need to have the coating on the inside of the dust cover removed.

The Chip McCormick power mags I bought are the 10 rounders. The Magwell funnels them right in. Will be a little slower then my Glock for a little bit. But that's too be expected.

Really excited to get it back. It's dying to get run at some classes. By the way, I finished up my carbine class.. amazing time.

Lots of shooting on the move with primary (carbine), transitions, abs we had a car to shoot through the windshield on. I should have pics and video to share soon. Then at the end of the day we ran a get off the X drill in a three man team. We bailed from the car and we were moving to different cover positions engaging steel targets at different distances. We had to shoot three men from behind two 55 gallon drums simulating cover. So we had to get our barrels on line with each other and shoot over top of a person laying prone. Outstanding!

Nate

Founding Father
Grips fit like a glove! VZ makes top of the line stuff. And the Smith & Alexander Magwell/main spring housing fit perfect too. Matches the dpi checking on the grip safety perfectly.

I specifically got the grips in slim line, with the magwell cut on bottom so they would fit perfectly flush across the slim line Magwell.

It's better to appreciate it in person. Come visit soon!

Nate

Founding Father
It's a nice companion to a baby Glock. Accessory rail, 14 round mags.. Or toss in a G22 magazine. It is a hand cannon

i-wagon

Too similar to what I already have. Would you part with any mags? I've like an extended one since the pocket I carry my spare in is too deep for me to get the 9 rd out quickly

Latest posts

Back