The unofficial GUN talk thread

I checked with a friend of mine who is going to take a look but I figured I'd ask you guys. Is this notch normal? It is a Kimber 1911 Ultra Carry II

wC1z5d1.jpg

inski

My Remington does not have that.  Its a square opening, no notch.  that's where the trigger, hammer, and grip safety all come together.

Thanks Nate for the tips.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Nate

Founding Father
Ultra carry... equals aluminum frame correct? I would say that's not supposed to be there. What mags are you using? Kimber?

inski

I bet if you contact Kimber they'll consider fixing that.  Worth a call.  New frames are expensive.  Free new frames are the best.

Otherwise, run it.  Doesn't look like its going to fall apart anytime soon.

inski

Interested in how this goes.  I'd call them.  A couple years ago I had an issue with my Savage, emailed once with no response.  Called them and got everything straightened out right away.  Same thing with a lower receiver I got from AIM Surplus.  Emailed them, they gave me a number to call.  I called it and they gave me a new receiver within 7 days.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Put a magpul carbine front and magpul k2 grip on my AR last week. Havnt gotten any rounds through with the new grip but it feels soooo much nicer than the raked out a2 grip.

Spent the money I had saved up for a trijicon reflex on a civic that was too good of a deal to pass up, but hopefully I'll still get one by the end of summer.

Nate

Founding Father
K2 grip is all I use now. Much more comfortable angle. But retains the distance from the back strap to the trigger that fits my hands.

Nate

Founding Father
All packed and ready for my trip to Ohio for class. Looking forward to it. I'll be back Monday.

MuddyWRX

Should I trade my G23 + cash for a loaded parkerized Springfield 1911? Sounds like it's got plenty of good reviews. What do they typically go for used, $700 ballpark?

MuddyWRX

"Loaded model with full length guide rod and night sights."

Looks nice I'm just not familiar with the 1911 platform there are so many to choose from. And just because one is pricy doesn't mean its a good gun.

*Edit: Don't think its a range officer, the serrations on the front of the slide are not on the range officer.

*Edit Again: Pfft the guy sold it after offering it up for trade. The gun pages on facebook are a pain more often than not. Or most of the people on them are, anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nate

Founding Father
Little teaser video from a guy that was there shooting footage from a drone during our class. Hopefully he gets a up a full video soon.

Sentinel Concepts - LLVCQB (Teaser):

Jamey

Hate to sell it but In a pinch gen 4 g19 4 mags glock triduim (sp) sights trigger job done by nate extended slide release comes with 2 holsters iwb 500 rnds 9 mm and 2 mags of hollow points 600 or best offer

Latest posts

Back