What to do with an OBS + cash

patsti

NitrousFed
springs, sways, links, 16's or 17's with really good tires!!!!!!!!!! wrx longblock or turbo 2.5 stay away from cosmetic till the car is worthy of it.

I would do- roll cage, gut insides racing seats, radio delete, gauges, rear wheel conversion.... 2.2liter turbo(20g) with megasquirt standalone and springs and sways and links.

hesitantOBS

Well, on my way to getting this puppy fixed up. Now I just need to some front struts so I can swap the suspension components.

hesitantOBS

Umm well no. I still have to install the front bumper, hood and skin, vents & scoop.

I still need/want to purchase:

Headlights & signals (all 8, preferably)

Grill Support

Rear spoilers - I'll glue these on, I think. I hear the mounting system is funky.

Fog Lights (might get some Hellas)

Front struts (or 4 KYB's) & 4 Springs (RS or Prodrive/etc)

1 rear-passenger OBS door card for the 96 confetti pattern

After all that, then I'll do the swap over. I'ma gonna need some help me thinks. Garage days out here don't exist. Might need to get some buddies together in Worcester or Lowell/Nashua maybe.

Then, gotta paint it.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here. I just bought a 96 OBS. The body is in alright shape, it's a 5spd with the standard 2.2L engine. Engine runs alright, but it's nearly got 200k on the clock. It's got your usual issues (leaks, squeels, groans) but nothing major. No idea when the timing belt was last replaced, and the previous owner moved so I can't get in touch.

I'm located (so is the car) in Southern VT. I was going to post this up on NASIOC like a friend suggested, but I didn't like the looks of the community there. Although there is certainly an ENORMOUS knowledge-base there, I don't feel like putting up a help request.

Anyway, here goes...

I want to make this car into a nicer vehicle. I'm not looking (immediately anyhow) for a show car or 12 second drag. I'm looking to make some cosmetic upgrades to the vehicle, but also upgrade the suspension, wheels, tires, exhaust, engine and then interior components.

I need some direction and some ideas. I don't have a paint color in mind, but anything other than the primer it has now would be great. LOL. Also, I'd like to get the 2.2L fixed up and maybe throw a small amount of boost in there.

Ideas? Thanks in advance for the welcome!

Oh, PS - I've got a 6-8month budget of $2000-2500
posterity

hesitantOBS

thanks for the bump. i don't quite understand the comment, though... ???

Fixed the transmission shifter today! Oh, and I changed the fluids over to Valvoline 80w-90 full synthetic.

Blix666

wish i had some more money to play with for my OBS. but i added a bug-deflector! yay! >
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back