When are you putting on your snow tires?

Vecken

Had mine on because my allseasons were so bald they were sliding on dry pavement. Have some nokian hakalapiettas or however you say them. Pretty rediculous tread and studs but so LOUD! they corner horribly on the roundabouts but they really perform awesome in the sand pits!

I actually can't wait for snow this year. I need an alignment after doing balljoints, is there a good setup for better tracking in the snow?

gakosaurusrex

had evergreen put snows, balance and alignment last week. did great work like always and even hunted down the tires for me! this will be the first year EVER ive had snow tires, figured id try it this year seeing as i have a 45 minute commute to work now...

gakosaurusrex

Had mine on because my allseasons were so bald they were sliding on dry pavement. Have some nokian hakalapiettas or however you say them. Pretty rediculous tread and studs but so LOUD! they corner horribly on the roundabouts but they really perform awesome in the sand pits!

I actually can't wait for snow this year. I need an alignment after doing balljoints, is there a good setup for better tracking in the snow?
my tires are so loud too! but they also grip great in the dirt. they pick up rocks a lot easier because of the soft compound im assuming.

RedForester08

Snows on both cars. I've driven the Impreza with new all seasons in ONE snow storm. Caught me by surprise on the highway. NEVER again. Had to drive So slow. Any blip of the throttle and all four spun and even worse trying to use the brakes. Have always used snows on every car and truck and the only time it's gone into the snow bank is hooning around in the empty lots.

4WRXter

Skier!
I need to get the whole rocker cover gasket issue resolved, then the snow tires will go on the FXT. I'm trying like hell to get them on before this possible storm coming. My wife drives this car to and from work ( about 45 miles, round trip.) She would feel a lot better with them on, thereby reducing her stress level.

Vegasjetta

I put my winter tires on in October... 2011. They've been on ever since, I never swapped my all seasons on in the spring. Oh well, bring on the snow!

Also, if someone needs a place to swap wheels around, or to work on your car during the winter, I have a heated garage in westbrook that you can use!

Brian Lowell

Brian-Lowell.com
fcb9e90549d144436c675e749c36c16b.png

Honestly don't think the snow is going to be flying just yet.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I didn't bother last year. It was big for me as I am typically one of the most adamant supporters of snow tires. It just didn't snow.

This year I will hold off for as long as possible.

iBoost

Boost Gets You Laid
Hey guys. This is going to be my first winter with my WRX and i was wondering if i should go with winter tires or all-seasons?

Brian Lowell

Brian-Lowell.com
Hey guys. This is going to be my first winter with my WRX and i was wondering if i should go with winter tires or all-seasons?
You can "get by" with All Seasons; however, to be safer for yourself and the other people you share the road with I would go with winter tires.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vecken

If you're really worried about it, a set of good condition snow tires can be had used for under 300$ if you know where to look, just make sure they are evenly worn and have no sidewall damage. You can even widen your search by looking for narrower tires which perform better in the thick stuff.

Winter tires are definitely worth it, and a lot of fun whipping around whereas with all seasons you need to focus on just staying on the road.

WashmyScooby

Winter mode = complete

20121105_192006.jpg

20121105_192028.jpg

And for kicks , I put the stock cat-back exhaust back on the car..it's so quiet now
default_smile.png

20121105_192045.jpg

And I decided to start building a 2nd WRX in the basement with all my extra parts!

20121105_171838.jpg

WashmyScooby

Snow mode is a go and ready to drift.

Why'd you take everything off bill?
I only took the Q300 cat back off.. I left the Invidia DP and used the Grimmspeed adapter. I can't run the CAI until I get the car tuned as it causes all kinds of problems with the Cobb OTS tune and Process West (to the tune of uncontrollable boost spikes). I need to get a new up pipe before I put the headers on, so that will be a winter project.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back