When are you putting on your snow tires?

Brian Lowell

Brian-Lowell.com
The soon the better for you wrxjunky cause your stock tires have probably already started losing traction with anything below 45 degree's
Yeah, I was reading about these tires losing traction at 40 degrees... Not happy to hear, but I don't want to put the winters on till after my re-dyno on the 10th.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
i dont change my tires for the winter, i change cars haha
default_wink.png
winter hoonigan impreza is currently getting a few upgrades and a makeover
default_smile.png

My snows were on a few weeks ago for a couple days while duck hunting. May go on sunday as I will get caught at school with snow if I don't.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
i dont change my tires for the winter, i change cars haha
default_wink.png
winter hoonigan impreza is currently getting a few upgrades and a makeover
default_smile.png
you better update that thread so i can see what you're doing!

i'm gunna brave it with al-seasons this year

brighton

Rally Fluffer
The soon the better for you wrxjunky cause your stock tires have probably already started losing traction with anything below 45 degree's
^ this man speaks the truth.

Remember folks. Snow tires are for #1 braking #2 Corning #3 grip #4 traction for acceleration.

Please read. Lots of info about winter tire rubber compounds, AWD, fwd. rwd. What is winter tire siping.

http://www.tirerack.com/winter/wintertesting.jsp

Last edited by a moderator:

skipow

blizzaks = <3

is it worth getting a 4 wheel alignment when having my summer tires taken off and winter tires put on?

WashmyScooby

Yeah, I was reading about these tires losing traction at 40 degrees... Not happy to hear, but I don't want to put the winters on till after my re-dyno on the 10th.
I had my snow tires on when I dyno'd in May!

Oh yea, and mine are sitting in the garage..I might put them on tomorrow when I get my car back from Evargreen

Last edited by a moderator:

jojo69

I'll put my project snows on on when they're ready & prepped (hopefull within next 2 weeks), but def after dyno day!

and btw, as we already agreed, these stock '12 summer tires are junk! Azenis FTMFW!

JLW7123

2005 legacy
Putting some studded snow on my stock rims from my old car next friday. Have summer rims that I bought off calikid.

Maxxguy25RS

i have some massive snows i picked up from a member earlier this year. 240 or 245 40s on 17s. originally i had planned on selling the snows, but i decided i to keep them. the rims look good on the car too. ill keep an eye on the weather, but i have a feeling its going to be toward the end of november, the colder is gets, the more ill be likely to put them on.

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
I don't have snow tires for the 94... for the wifes 98 I usually wait until after the first snow storm.

Latest posts

Back