Windham is 2 days away!!

subieRSgrrl

I drove my car - BRP 2000 2.5RS #440. ;D She's fun. I need better tires though. My times weren't that great, but I did improve throughout the day. I will learn...now that I'm hooked. ;D

akinaspeedstar

haha i knew peter and i would get you hooked on it! it's like crack!

now we have one more car in the GC mafia racing! and you should all be scared as hell
default_smile.png

ruggedman

I drove my car - BRP 2000 2.5RS #440. ;D She's fun. I need better tires though. My times weren't that great, but I did improve throughout the day. I will learn...now that I'm hooked. ;D
Sweet wait until you do an event on a big lot! You'll REALLY be hooked. What were you doing in CSP also? If you're running street prepared there's a serious need for rcomps. If you have a set of spare set of 17s i have a source for some really nice rcompound tires that I'll promise will take 3 seconds off your times at least. ;D

I didnt' notice your car because you were even and i was really REALLY pissed off after all of my runs (i'm #80), so I didnt pay attention after that usually.
default_smile.png

Hope to see you and any other newbies at our next event June 3rd in Portland. I'm going out with Moberg tomorrow to go over the course design (it should be pretty nice!).

johnny6speed

Getting pissed = Bad

Figuring out what you did wrong, then fixing = Good
default_smile.png

Start taking notes.

Tire pressures

Low speed handling

High speed handling

Grip

Transition performance.

ruggedman

Getting pissed = Bad

Figuring out what you did wrong, then fixing = Good
default_smile.png

Start taking notes.

Tire pressures

Low speed handling

High speed handling

Grip

Transition performance.
Yes
default_smile.png
I couldn't help but getting angry, but i know it didn't get me anywhere in the end. Even my good run at the end with the cone i know a lot that i did wrong. In fact the only part I could nail was the back end and the later slaloms. The biggest improvement in my driving this year is my ability to figure out what i'm doing wrong, thanks MIK. ;D

Anyway i'll figure out the tight courses eventually...
default_smile.png

ReZPunK

i bought some tires the other day...el cheapo's at tire warehouse. i guess all the local short trackers use them.

they are a michelin private label called Metallist Warriors. not as sticky as my hankooks were. but they were like 60 each.

they have a 380 treadwear A trac A temp blah blah blah lets see how bad i can shred them at Orono O0

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
i bought some tires the other day...el cheapo's at tire warehouse. i guess all the local short trackers use them.

they are a michelin private label called Metallist Warriors. not as sticky as my hankooks were. but they were like 60 each.

they have a 380 treadwear A trac A temp blah blah blah lets see how bad i can shred them at Orono O0
I can't wait for Orono.. 40 treadwear mmmm...

akinaspeedstar

i don't know why she was in CSP. that's not right at all. if anything a RS would be in D sp. like i was. and i think she signed up or sts. somethings not right about that....

EvilAsPie

Yeah i don't know how she ended up in CSP. I had her write STS on the form. If you guys could help us out with that that would be great. I can put up a thread on the CMC forum if that would be easier.

Strange.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
speaking of that.. I think I found a swaybar for the 'otter.. I might be able to get it before the next event!

EvilAsPie

i don't know why she was in CSP. that's not right at all. if anything a RS would be in D sp. like i was. and i think she signed up or sts. somethings not right about that....
If anyone has any classing questions I'd be happy to help you figure out what class your in. Ralli (antonio) and John would probably do the same...
Yes, as Andy said, I'm more than happy to help with classing. I have a very good understanding of the Street Touring and stock rules, along with several of the Street Modified and Street Prepared rules.

CSP is not the correct class for a 2.5 RS. Depending on modifications it would either be STS (or STX if it has bigger brakes and or high flow cat) or DSP.

Also, I'm sure Ryan would help too in classing, and of course the four of us (John, Andy, Ryan, and myself not to mention other folk) i'm sure are always willing to give advice, whether its on setup, modifications, or driving. And often times we have contrasting ideas, or discussing here in the forum can create some great discussion.
Cool man.

Her car should be STS. The only upgrades that i am aware of are a rear sway and the cat-back exhaust.

I have stated on this forum before that i thought her car had a lightweight fly wheel and a possible stage 1 clutch. But after driving other RSs and talking to people i think i was wrong. RSs just rev a whole lot faster then my obs and my clutch i think i headed out. So compared to that her clutch felt great.

Even if it does have a moded clutch/fly she would be in the same situation akina is in regarding his clutch and asking to run STS rather the DSP like he has been.

ruggedman

the four of us (John, Andy, Ryan, and myself not to mention other folk) i'm sure are always willing to give advice, whether its on setup, modifications, or driving. And often times we have contrasting ideas, or discussing here in the forum can create some great discussion.
Well i can tell you that having a XXL Monster will make you a better driver. I can also tell you that going karting, then drinking, then playing ps3 till 3AM and then getting up at 7 to go auto-x will make you a worse driver.

ralli

the four of us (John, Andy, Ryan, and myself not to mention other folk) i'm sure are always willing to give advice, whether its on setup, modifications, or driving. And often times we have contrasting ideas, or discussing here in the forum can create some great discussion.
Well i can tell you that having a XXL Monster will make you a better driver.

Latest posts

Back