Windham is 2 days away!!

EvilAsPie

yeah, it's not really a big deal since it was her first time and wouldn't have placed in any class anyway.

But for her first time her times were not bad, plus not hitting any cones or going off course, and cutting her times down with every run.

ruggedman

the four of us (John, Andy, Ryan, and myself not to mention other folk) i'm sure are always willing to give advice, whether its on setup, modifications, or driving. And often times we have contrasting ideas, or discussing here in the forum can create some great discussion.
Well i can tell you that having a XXL Monster will make you a better driver.

johnny6speed

Yes, it absolutely is. And Im certainly not chairing that weekend EVER again. I just want to hang out and not worry about waking up @ 5:30 :'(

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
well the course was flipping sweet!

all they need to do is pave the lower portion of the lot and we would be golden for next year!

those potholes and weird egg shaped bumps sucked!

subieRSgrrl

Doesn't really matter to me...since I don't know what the difference even is from class to class. I just like driving. ;D

katnip

the car is black. I swear
i don't know why she was in CSP. that's not right at all. if anything a RS would be in D sp. like i was. and i think she signed up or sts. somethings not right about that....
too damn many classes ;D

why does AX run sooooo many classes anywho? and what are they?

stock, prep and mod are too many for RX, stock and mod are enough, learn to drive well and classes are irrelivant >
default_smile.png

but I am curious the background behind why so many classes.

ruggedman

Pedro you actually have too many...

Street Prepared only goes to FSP as the lowest

And Mod only goes down to FMod also.

Prepared only goes down to G and there's no APrepared

And you missed:

SuperStock

XPrepared

XMod

F125

FSAE

ruggedman

Super Stock

A Stock

B Stock

C Stock

D Stock

E Stock

F Stock

G Stock

H Stock

A Street Prepared

B Street Prepared

C Street Prepared

D Street Prepared

E Street Prepared

F Street Prepared

X Prepared

B Prepared

C Prepared

D Prepared

E Prepared

F Prepared

G Prepared

A Mod

B Mod

C Mod

D Mod

E Mod

F Mod

X Mod

SM

SM-2

STS

STX

STU

STS-2

F125

FSAE

That's complete

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Holy smoke! What is it, like 1 person per class? That does seem a bit much. I gotta stop in at the next one and check things out.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
when you have 100 competitors, it makes for nearly full classes. and when classes are not full, they "bump" into other classes and they use a PAX multiplier to allow them to compete evenly

katnip

now what do they all mean.

? a-h stock???? etc, etc. I makes my brain hurt just reading the list

question, can you take a car that runs a stock and run it in a more modified class and without a pax?

(ie, I run my prepared RS in mod and Art runs a stock VR4 in mod in rallyx and it is allowed, but you can't go backward)

ruggedman

question, can you take a car that runs a stock and run it in a more modified class and without a pax?

(ie, I run my prepared RS in mod and Art runs a stock VR4 in mod in rallyx and it is allowed, but you can't go backward)
It goes superstock through Hstock because an RX7 and focus cant be directly compared raw timewise. There's a lot of different car potentials from the factory and auto-x accepts them all from a z06 to a toyota corolla. The modified and street classes work similarly..the cars are ranked by chassis and tuning potential.

And yes I could run my DStock WRX in EStreetPrepared if I wanted to. Or Street Mod... my race tires exclude me from running in the Street classes which require tires to be over 200 treadwear (to say it simply).

katnip

OK, what class would my RS be in and why. I'm being honest and listing every little thing I can think of that is NOT stock in the interest of finding out which modifications affect classing and which do not.

torque 2 chip

headers

high flow cat

cat back

wide band O2

SAFC II

perrin endlinks front and rear

whiteline 18-22 adjustable sway (rear)

DMS 40 coil overs

front primitive strut brace

perrin light weight pulleys

braided brake lines

hyperground system

injen intake system

red stuff pads/shoes

slotted rotors

subaru short shifter

momo weighted shift knob

street/racing clutch (exeedy)

skid plates front and rear

azenas not sure the tread wear tho!

wrx seats front and rear

STi wing

clear side and parking lights

will have

group N engine mounts

group n tranny mount

STi wishbone

all I can think of

thanks

k

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
you could run locally in STS without a protest. but Nationally, you would be protested and put in BSP for the clutch.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
you could run locally in STS without a protest. but Nationally, you would be protested and put in BSP for the clutch.

It goes superstock through Hstock because an RX7 and focus cant be directly compared raw timewise. There's a lot of different car potentials from the factory and auto-x accepts them all from a z06 to a toyota corolla. The modified and street classes work similarly..the cars are ranked by chassis and tuning potential.

And yes I could run my DStock WRX in EStreetPrepared if I wanted to. Or Street Mod... my race tires exclude me from running in the Street classes which require tires to be over 200 treadwear (to say it simply).
Treadwear 140+

katnip

thanks Pedro. its the protests that bother me. no one has ever protested in rallycross on the 3 years I have been racing. I was told by Chris when I got the car the clutch was stock exceedy, but Al doesn't feel it is a stock spec clutch. I think Chris used to run the car in either STS or STX when he ran SCCA events.

of the items on my list, which ones do not effect classing in any way?

thanks, k

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
thanks Pedro. its the protests that bother me. no one has ever protested in rallycross on the 3 years I have been racing. I was told by Chris when I got the car the clutch was stock exceedy, but Al doesn't feel it is a stock spec clutch. I think Chris used to run the car in either STS or STX when he ran SCCA events.

of the items on my list, which ones do not effect classing in any way?

thanks, k
Cat Back and the tires (if they are on stock wheels) are the only things on your list that are Stock class items.. well the FRONT sway bar can go in stofck too.

but STS is a pretty fun and competitive class. you would have fun if you came and played there with the rest.

BSP is pretty nuts with James' STI setting FTD's and Fast Fender

Latest posts

Back