07 2.5i-wagon

SUBARUDE

that's what single ply sidewalls do to a car.
default_additional_sillylol.gif

i-wagon

Have rs six spokes in my posession for cleaning. shopping for tires as we speak. pics once i get them cleaned and such:-D also upgraded my low beams to hella xenon blue bulbs, superbright white light, almost too bright when its snowing, but i'm thinking of upgrading the high beams and the bulbs in the 500's too

i-wagon

Summer tires ordered. getting continental conti extreme contacts. just need to mount 'em up and wait for spring:u: mud season can't come fast enough

gakosaurusrex

Matt i think i drive past your house/car almost every day of the week... do u live on Highland Ave? cuz u would probability see me cruise around that corner

i-wagon

no,. i did see a new style wrx go up our road today tho

Last edited by a moderator:

i-wagon

i know, i hadn't seen any modded wrx's in oxford but one bugeye across the street from my dad

i-wagon

so i bump this thread to say i would have pics up of my car with the rs wheels on (since it hasn't snowed) but i've been too busy working on getting my fozzy.

just paid for it tonight, 98 forester s with 102k. all kinds of bells and whistles. getting it towed to work where i can fix a few things and then take it back to evergreen so inski can slap a sticker on it:D

i-wagon

um, both... she doesn't know about the project part yet;) I think all I'm going to do is slap on mainely stickers and s+s racing flaps, and have jun tint it if i get the money. I was going to put on breast cancer plates that said 8008135 but she said she wouldn't drive it then:rolleyes:

Stein

Stein
um, both... she doesn't know about the project part yet;) I think all I'm going to do is slap on mainely stickers and s+s racing flaps, and have jun tint it if i get the money. I was going to put on breast cancer plates that said 8008135 but she said she wouldn't drive it then:rolleyes:
For breast cancer plates, you can only have 6 characters
default_additional_gavel.gif
. I just decided to go with a random combination on my BC plates.

i-wagon

fixed fozzy tonight after work, going for a sticker monday afternoon and when I get it home from that I'll have pics

i-wagon

so either i'm high on paint fumes, or 2.5i wheels look good in black. no pics yet because the lighting inside sucks, but i just painted one wheel from an extra set i picked up from subydoored. the wheel had a slight gouge and a scuff, so i filled it with j-b weld kwik, sanded and threw some vht " epoxy paint" in satin black on it. so my new winter wheels are gonna be pretty. pix tomorrow

ps i know someone mentioned vht nightshade recently, advance in paris has it

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
I might need a tutorial on how to paint the wheels on my ride....I have no idea what color though.

i-wagon

it's much easier with the tires off and no valve stems. i hate masking things off so i avoid it at all costs. it's not horribly difficult. scuff up with 320 grit, unless there's gouges or scratches then use coarser stuff to blend it out. clean with glass cleaner ( dirt specks show horribly on black) and when they're dry, spray in thin coats till they're purrdy

and i learned today i suck at balancing tires. i used a ton of weights which are too damn expensive

i-wagon

so i finished painting the wheels today, and did the hella mount to kill time, and while i was putting it back on, i realized i have a crack in my bumper. it runs from the bottom of the passenger side fog light cover to where the opening in front of the radiator is. I don't know if i want to epoxy it or put the bondo glass to the back side. thoughts anyone?

i-wagon

Thoughts please??

i noticed after changing my low beams to brighter bulbs, that my high beams and hella's need doing to. i sold some stuff last night and had just enough money to buy some silverstar high beams. while putting them in i did something that made the hella's stop working. I have a wire attached to the high beam that goes to the switch to turn on the relay for the hellas. I've had that mess up before so that's the first place i went when the lights didn't work. but i noticed the switch was illuminated so there had to be power coming from it. i also noticed the relay clicking on so everything was good up to there, so i assumed it was the ground from the lamps to the chassis (i had to fix this on mike-d's car too) so i go to napa buy wire and connectors, ground it to the battery, still nothing. so at this point i'm jiggling stuff at random, and at one point i look over and they're on. no idea what it was, but the inline fuse from the battery to the relay had gotten hot at some point and melted the wire protector, but i tried a new fuse before and after i did the ground and it didn't help, but that's what i was playing with when they came on. anyone have thoughts???

in retrospect, i should have posted this in the technical section, but oh well

inski

I dont know what you've done there, with the lights. Hellas draw a lot of amps so keeping them separate from the cars headlight system is desired, or tie them in with the existing factory fog system, which you dont have.

But, theres more to the WRX manifold on the 06-07 NA cars. I'm looking into it. I'll let you know when I get the info as well as open source for the 06-07 cars.

Latest posts

Back