2011 New England Forest Rally

DJ Xtreme

I'm taking this OP over.

-2point5RS_Dan

THE SPECTATOR GUIDE IS UP. HOW TO SPECTATE SAFELY.

http://rally-america.com/VenueFiles/2011_NEFR_WEB%20NEFR%202011%20Spectator%20Guide.pdf

DAY ONE IS FRIDAY JULY 15TH 2011. DAY TWO IS SATURDAY JULY 16TH 2011.

http://www.newenglandforestrally.com/

Here we go.

Details are not set in stone for everything yet, but you can still start planning. As details are released, I'll try and keep this thread updated. You can also PM me or ask me in chat.

The biggest thing you need to do is a few things decide:

What days can I make the event?

DAY ONE IS FRIDAY JULY 15TH. DAY TWO IS SATURDAY JULY 16TH.

Do I want to Volunteer?

Volunteering is a commitment. You should sign up if you can adhere to this commitment and want to help make the event happen. Volunteering is a great experience and really lets you get deeper into the rally event.

SPECTATING

Decide what days you are going to spectate. If it's both days, what will your accommodations be. Hotel, camping, or driving home after each day.

READ THE SPECTATOR GUIDE. It's a handy PDF that tells you the basics. Print it out and bring it with you. Have a plan makes for an easier day.

You will be standing outside. A lot. Day one your major stage commitment will be waiting around for concord pond in the woods. Day two you will be stuck in the woods all day. Bring food, water, bug spray, some way to navigate, phone for when you are in civilization, rain gear, cold gear, etc.

Spectating is a great way to start out if you're unsure about your time commitment or about what rally is all about. Once you hear the anti-lag echoing through the woods, don't worry, you'll be back next year.

VOLUNTEERING

Volunteering is awesome. You are awesome by doing it. Not only do you get to help make the event happen, you also get to see things you normally wouldn't.

If you Volunteer, you will be assigned a stage captain. This is your boss, he/she will tell you what to do, where to be, etc. If you are new and unfamiliar with things, get to know this person well. Better to ask questions than screwing up.

I would suggest if you volunteer, that you either stay in the area or camp over night if you're working both days. It makes it a lot easier as you have to be there earlier.

2point5RS_Dan rambles on about his experiences with both!

For 2009 I spectated and went with a friend who had gone before. GClark came along and stuff. Met up with SLVR_FXT and some other mainely folks.

We spectated both days. Bethel spectator, Mexico spectator, and Concord Pond on day one. And middle dam on day 2. Day one is a lot more flexible as you can pick and choose where you want to go. Day two, once you're in the woods, you're stuck there unless you want to hike out through the woods (roads are closed because there are RALLY CARS on them).

For 2010 I volunteered to work. Got out of work early thursday, helped with registration. Worked timing all day friday and saturday. It was long, stressful at times, but a ton of fun. Filling out Nigel and RezPunk's timecards were awesome. Hanging with rally dudes is cool. Watching Caswell's BMW being dragged through the woods and hearing the guy talk about it was amazing. Watching Gelisminio look on as Blocks work crew tow his car out of the woods was cool. etc.

For this year, (2011), I don't know what I do and don't have free yet, so I cannot commit to working. As the event gets closer, I'll probably be able to spectate some of it, so people who are willing to put up with me are more than welcome to tag along!

I am stoopid and just want to see pictures

My sister takes fancy photos for the photo contest, and I took some worker photos with my crappy phone.

Our own Nigel Prodrive co-driving for Team LDR:

4805426015_44504515c6_b.jpg

Our own RezPunk co-driving for Double Plus Racing:

4805458867_e05eabd726_b.jpg

More Pictures:

4806083952_3c25cda829_b.jpg

4805401097_335615b4db_b.jpg

Winning picture for the 2010 photo contest:

4805423307_ca69602244_b.jpg

Gelsimino and team monster extreme getting Block's car out of the woods, plus locals!

IjZQN.jpg

rcSwx.jpg

I WILL UPDATE THIS THREAD AS DETAILS ARRIVE AND POST THEM BOTH IN THIS POST AND AT THE END OF THE THREAD.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan

Every damn year I can't make it! This year my best friend's wedding is that weekend. Ffuuuuu!

Matt

I think you get a better view when you volunteer, but yes we should get a big group to go up for at least a day......count me in

Rallytech14

count me in. it will probably be a couple hundred mile drive, and might need to take a day off from school. but its totally worth it.

MuddyWRX

Hoping to this year, haven't been since the first year Pastrana ran it and parked his car in the woods.

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
I'm plannin to volunteer unless someone needs a crew member???. Takin whole week off for it again this year. Perfect vacation for me. Wife will be hella prego by then so she's not comin with me this year.

skipow

most of them are unadvertised as to where they are. theres only two stages with advertised spectator areas, but if you can find the other stages and stay the eff out of the way- people usually let you sit on their lawns and watch.

Latest posts

Back