2011 WRB WRX Sedan

wrbwrx

default_biggrin.png
hey everyone well ive had my first subaru for almost about 3 weeks now have alittle over 700 miles and so far i love the car it was my frist 5 spd and took me about 2 hours to pick it up... i got one of nates custom shift knobs so far and ordred some rally armour ur flaps which should be here this week and also ordered a shrt throw shifter for my first real mod, after that i plan to do a echaust not sure what one yet along with some rota grid wheels and suspension...any advice about the car and stuff woud be great heres the pics i have so far and deff more to come once its a nice day out and can actually wash it..
default_additional_thumbsup.gif

IMG_6915-1.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

DSC00380.jpg

IMG_8628.jpg

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
haha, wash it in the spring. otherwise a waste of time and quarters!

did you get snow tires for it yet, you won't believe the difference. a good AWD car with crappy stock tires = crappy winter-mobile....good AWD car with proper snow tires = TANK!!

wrbwrx

no haven't got snow tires ive been driving it just driving slow and steady and its been going good in the snow but snow tires would make a big difference just dont wana waste the money on the right now when were already half way done winter

Nate

Founding Father
Waste the money?? They will be there for next year.

We have a member that cracked up his car in a parking lot with summer tires on his car still during the first storm of the year. After the insurance deductible's paid and the time without the car, and the increased insurance rates... I can tell you what the waste of money would be. Then youll still have to buy tires.

wrbwrx

ya im going to eventually get some but probly not for this winter and if the snow is really bad i wont even take the car out.

SWPWRX

no haven't got snow tires ive been driving it just driving slow and steady and its been going good in the snow but snow tires would make a big difference just dont wana waste the money on the right now when were already half way done winter
Car looks great! Love the color and nice shots!

If you think you are wasting money getting snow tires NOW you are kidding yourself. Maybe you're not concerned about sliding off the road and ruining your new car, but please for the sake of my family and other drives on the road please properly outfit your vehicle to safely drive in the winter! Snow or no snow those tires are worthless in the cold weather and with melting snow dampening the roads you have more than snow to worry about.

If you can't afford the tires right now, you should have waited to get the car in the spring! Not trying to be harsh, just a bit concerned.

Don't crash!

EvilAsPie

Nice looking WRX, WRB makes everything better.

I drove on all seasons in the winter (subaru or not) for years. You will obviously be fine. Just have to keep the extreme shenanigans to a minimum. However once you go AWD w/snows you'll never look back and wonder how you every survived before!

Enjoy your subaru!

Nate

Founding Father
^^^^ Hes not on all seasons. They come with UHP tires. Scary.

Love the car though man. Let see the new shift knob!

Gate4jg

Look on NASIOC. There are plenty of posts of people regretting no buying the proper tires to drive around in the snow. 600 on used all seasons goes a long ways.......

Iboc_C64

I bought my car in March back in 2009 and waited until the following november to buy snow tires. But I will tell you, there is NO comparison between those 17" dunlops and my 16" bridgesone blizzaks in the winter. You will know what I mean the first time you try to put the brakes on in slush or packed snow. Even a regular snow tire would make so much difference. You will also be saving the rubber on those stupidly expensive dunlops for when you can really use it, in temperatures above freezing! BTW, I shopped around. I bought lightly used rims, and new 205/55/R16 Bridgesone Blizzak tires. I had VIP get me the tires and had them price match with TireRack.com. I managed to get my rims for $200 and my tires for around $500 mounted and balanced. Best upgrade I ever spent money on.
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

wrbwrx

snows would deff make a big difference and i will get some i just dont know when and i have a pic of nates shift knob and my new rally armor flaps haven't had time to take any good pics lately so this is all i have for now...

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00405.jpg

jmacfoto

I went and looked at the new wrx and sti for the first time and I'm loving those wide fender flares and that blue looks great

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN

wrbwrx

i know all about the hockey puck thing and everything and i dont wanna wreck my car either but for right now the summer tires are all i have

Latest posts

Back