Another old Subaru-1990 Loyale build

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Ordered a couple bolts for the transmission mount. Hopefully they'll be here quick. When those go in, we'll be swapping the dual range tranny in as well.

IBratmanI

Got the radiator hose fitted, brakes blead, and the rest of the trimming done for the tires last night. All that's left is the tranny swap and steering column.

IBratmanI

Dual range swapped in last night. Still not completed, as we had a few snags along the way. Mostly to do with shifter linkage that was rusty and broken. So currently it is shifted with a hand through the floor and a pair of vice grips! But it's in. Just a few more tweaks and it'll be good to go.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
 Dual range swapped in last night. Still not completed, as we had a few snags along the way. Mostly to do with shifter linkage that was rusty and broken. So currently it is shifted with a hand through the floor and a pair of vice grips! But it's in. Just a few more tweaks and it'll be good to go.
Custom short shifter. How about some pictures Jason?!

IBratmanI

Have some door panels on the way that are in much better shape. I still have rear speakers to install as well. Anyone have any good tricks to get window cranks off. I've always used a rag and wiggled it behind until it pops the clip off, but I couldn't get it to work when I tried with this car.

I'll hopefully be driving this home tomorrow night!

Matt

Mini screw driver and push the panel back. If you got new ones coming you shouldn't have to worry about fudging these up?

IBratmanI

Mini screw driver and push the panel back. If you got new ones coming you shouldn't have to worry about fudging these up?
Exactly. I just don't want to mess up the clips. I was able to push the panel back and see the clips before, but couldn't actually get the clips to push off!

IBratmanI

So I blew the upper radiator hose on the way home from work last night. I knew it might happen. It was the stock hose, stretched to fit with the 4" lift. So I kinda limped it home, and even though I coasted down hills with the motor off, and the fan on, it still got quite hot. I bought a new hose tonight, I got one of the flexible radiator hoses and it fits great with the lift. It seems to run a little hotter than it did before, but still not anymore than half way up the gauge. Hopefully it's all good. Still have a bunch of little stuff to do, but it's getting there.

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
Looks fantastic! Hope that hose will hold out for you. Any reason on why it would run a bit hotter after the switch?

IBratmanI

Looks fantastic! Hope that hose will hold out for you. Any reason on why it would run a bit hotter after the switch?
Could be something as simple as a slightly more restrictive flow with the new hose, or it could have to do with it running hot  while I got it the rest of the way home. Just hoping there's nothing really wrong.

IBratmanI

Ran nice and cool like normal all the way to work this morning. I'm guessing there was an air bubble that worked itself out.

IBratmanI

Got a bunch done today.

Steering wheel relaligned

New unsmashed  horn button installed

Brand new Forester floor mats installed

Oil changed

New NGK plug wires

A few random decals

Also got all the spare parts from inside the car, and from the lawn put away. I still need a damn shed.

I think I may put the Grabbers on tomorrow. Swampers are damn heavy, and even though I can average 55-60 on my way to work, my gas mileage is beyond terrible lol.

IBratmanI

Interior is looking more complete now

Love the King springs!

Maybe I should just call this the zombie wagon?

Latest posts

Back