Another old Subaru-1990 Loyale build

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Wanna trade for my money pit obxt? O:)
Lol. I don't think I could. Someone asked me the other day how much, I told them a lot. As clean as this car is, and as much as I've already put into it, it would take quite a bit for me to let it go.

IBratmanI

Did some shooting today in a gravel pit, and decided I couldn't pass up the opportunity to play before I left.

IBratmanI

Fixed the front door panels today. They were falling apart on the bottom, and the previous owner crammed aftermarket speakers behind the panel and made it all fit like crap. So I pieced together my panels and other panels that I bought. They aren't all the same color, but I'm not too concerned with that. Also added new MTX 6 1/2" front speakers to replace the old crappy Pioneers that were in it.

It is also funny as hell when people, especially other Subaru drivers hang out their windows to get a better look at this car. Definitely not something you see everyday, on this side of the country anyway.

smelt240

Im online again... sort of... New job with the state for now, so i can get on here during lunch. This thing is looking great! Any ideas on sources for the 15" wheels? My junkyard guy has none. I think I got a pretty decent non-turbo parts car off him though. When you get ready to do some bumpers, let me know, I have a local guy that i deal with a lot. Pipe benders, plasma, welders and all the goodies in his shop less than a mile from the house. Plus the price goes down if I help him.

Also, i may need to come over and take some spy shots of things you did for my own ridiculous idea.....

IBratmanI

Im online again... sort of... New job with the state for now, so i can get on here during lunch. This thing is looking great! Any ideas on sources for the 15" wheels? My junkyard guy has none. I think I got a pretty decent non-turbo parts car off him though. When you get ready to do some bumpers, let me know, I have a local guy that i deal with a lot. Pipe benders, plasma, welders and all the goodies in his shop less than a mile from the house. Plus the price goes down if I help him.

Also, i may need to come over and take some spy shots of things you did for my own ridiculous idea.....
Yeah come on over and take a peek in person!!! I actually have a set of 15" wheels now, they'd bolt right on too. Not absolutely sure if I'd let them go or not. Have to think about it. 

Very cool car!  I really need an EA car, never owned one yet
Thanks. Yeah I like them because they are so simple. I've owned a lot of them!

IBratmanI

Had some noise coming from the front hubs, so I swapped them out for some good ones. These are a bit different than the newer style hubs. Now I'll have to change the passenger side wheel bearings soon too. I'm planning a trip next month so I want this in tip top shape!

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Changed out the passenger side front knuckle today to get rid of the bad wheel bearings in the old one. I have done probably in excess of 100 of these, whether changing cv axles, or wheel bearings, and for the first time ever, the inner bearing stuck to the cv axle and came right out of the knuckle. What a bitch it was to get it off too. But it's all good now, no more loose noisy bearings.

Also tightened up the accessory belt so the power steering wouldn't cause it to squeak. 

IBratmanI

Road trip to Greenville and beyond tomorrow in this. Leaving way before sunrise and staying right in Greenville. Plan on doing a bunch of driving and exploring with my sister following in her lifted Forester. Should be a good time, just hoping for no car issues!

IBratmanI

Trip went awesome. Put on about 500 miles total. Car was able to average about 70 on the highway, which is damn good for 90hp and 27+" tires lol. Drove at 50+ on many dirt roads, and did some wheeling too. Not a single issue! Here are a bunch of pics.

First stop after getting up there was Kokadjo. Nice clean cars.

Then we continued north on Sias Hill Rd, and went to Ripogenus Dam. Pretty Dam haha big!

It is a HUGE drop down the face. HArd to show in a pic

Headed back to Greenville to fill up on gas, then headed over to the other side of Moosehead Lake and on the northeast side of Brassua Lake.

Big bulldozer!

The water was really low on Moosehead and Brassua, so we were able to drive pretty far out on a sand bar. Mostly made up of gravel, and old driftwood.

Then we did some rock crawling and a few runs through the mud. 

I had globs of mud falling off the car for miles lol. 

I'll have more, and probably better pics when I get them from my sister. Hopefully soon!

Latest posts

Back