Another old Subaru-1990 Loyale build

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Lol. Not exactly. It's just going to be nice and tucked up, and hopefully over the rear crossmember tube.

IBratmanI

Exhaust is on, but he didn't get to the rear o2 sensor bung, so I'll drop it off again on Monday or Tuesday and have him finish that.

I also installed a Scangauge 2 to be able to get an accurate reading on the coolant temp, along with anything else I want to see, and reading codes. Kinda cool to have. 90 Loyale with OBD2 capabilities.

IBratmanI

Exhaust is all done. O2 sensor bung and flex pipe welded in, and 96 Outback chrome exhaust tip welded on as well. Starts as 2" and drops to 1 7/8" and goes over the rear crossmember tube to help with clearance. It has a hanger in front of and in back of the rear crossmember, and then the normal muffler hangers too. It sounds decent, a little tinny, but not sure how I'd get rid of that.

IBratmanI

The snorkel is now functional. Using all Subaru parts except for the MAF adapter to connect to the snorkel. There wasn't enough room under the hood for an in line filter, so I used a cone with a water resistant pre filter. Still have some tidying up to do.

IBratmanI

I removed the old lights and added a 36" led lightbar. The pics don't even come close to showing how bright it is.

Boostin11STI

So how about some night pics of that light bar, from the driver's perspective so we can see how well it illuminates in front of the car?
default_smile.png

IBratmanI

It's inspiring seeing this thing (running again), and taken to a whole new level of badassery.
Thanks Rick! It has certainly come a long way from when I got it, and even in the past month or so. Not sure what the next step is lol. I want bumpers, but it's going to have to wait. I have someone who said they'd love to help make some, and is more than capable, so chances are, I'll be waiting till he's ready, and I have the money.

IBratmanI

I added some GL style door pulls today. I'll get some pics soon. Leaving tomorrow for a camping trip in northern Maine with my sister and my kids. Should be a good time.

IBratmanI

Went on a camping trip with my kids and my sister memorial day weekend. We went to northern Maine, north of Moosehead Lake. Here's a few pics.

Took this tiny trail

And it led us here

IBratmanI

Alignment scheduled for next Monday. Hopefully they can do a decent job on an old Subaru.

IBratmanI

Alignment turned out great. SUBARUGURU did it where he works, and the car drives and handles so much better than it did.

Latest posts

Back