Another old Subaru-1990 Loyale build

GClark

I googled the spring number on the king springs, and found out that way.  Leone right?   

I'm loving this project though, those swampers will look badass on the wagon.  

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I already spilled the beans as to what it was either in this thread or the new car thread. But everything from that will be going on this......and some. And yeah I can't wait to have swampers on this thing lol.

IBratmanI

Picked up a set of XT6 seats in really nice condition. They will be a lot more comfortable, and sit lower which is a good thing for a tall person! Just have to wait for them to get here.

IBratmanI

New painted fenders are on. Went on pretty good, but the front valance was a little rusty too, so I removed it, and will be neatly trimming the front fenders as I have on my other old Subarus. Gets rid of rust, and increases approach angle.

Still waiting on the guy to get back to me about the 15" Peugeot wheels. He needs to remove a couple that are still on a car, and then get them cleaned up and boxed up.

Also will need to buy a battery for this too. I'm probably going to go with a red top Optima. I had one for 9 years, and it was in 5 different cars, and to the best of my knowledge it's still going strong in my old XT in New Mexico.

IBratmanI

New/used shifter rod with bushings on it's way so I can swap the dual range tranny in. Also bought a 90amp Nissan Maxima Alternator that has been modified to fit an EA82 Loyale motor. That, along with the Optima battery should help when I add lights and a winch.

IBratmanI

Lol. This is true. The inside is a lot better than it was. I really don't want open holes to the outside though. We'll see.

IBratmanI

Took advantage of taking some vacation days and got the Grabbers mounted on the 14" Peugeot wheels today. The 15's will be here today, but UPS never comes until late afternoon, so the Swampers won't be mounted till next week because the shop I use is closed the rest of this week. Can't beat having 4 tires mounted and balanced for $40. I haven't seen anywhere else local for less than $60.

IBratmanI

Leone is just the name for the Loyale in other countries. They did have different options than what the Loyales got, but they are pretty much the same!

I mentioned the Leone as being one of the more influential early Subaru's in a class project once. Let's see some Leone pics J

Latest posts

Back