Another old Subaru-1990 Loyale build

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Ya werid how it moves now was sooo used to it revving the engine to move it lol i will own that car there's a reason i helped u out
default_tongue.png
Pics of that 6" lifted leggo with plow, NAO!

Awesome progress! Still waiting to see this new car..!

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
So Chris contacted me the other day asking if I had any rear axles for his GL. I told him I had some, but they were still attached to the parts car, and if he wanted to come tear into the car, and help me along with the parting out process, he could have the axles! So this is what I came home to!

2013020695164538_zps0bd23aeb.jpg

2013020695164420_zps7f427086.jpg

2013020695164427_zpsc680e670.jpg

And a rusty rear suspension tube

2013020695164501_zps7a4ff4a8.jpg

So Chris made it so the entire driveline and suspension assemblies are ready to just pull out from beneath the car, which is a huge help to me. Now I can disassemble and sort what I need, and don't need, and the next step will be to haul the rusty body to the junk yard. So a thanks to Chris fo the help, and glad I could help keep the rally GL going strong with parts!

IBratmanI

Just bought a 4 lug rear disc swap tonight. I have the one from Urabus's BRAT, but those were 6 lug, and the new car that still isn't frigging done, is staying 4 lug. So this will be a nice addition for that. And they are from rust free land.

IBratmanI

Got this car home tonight, finally! Man it drives nice. Now that the clutch actually grabs, it drives like a dream. And oddly has really good power. I have been trying to find front fenders for it and am having no luck at all. Hopefully I can find some soon.

Still waiting on the new car...............

IBratmanI

So I got word last night that the "new" car should be done by the end of this month. I will start another journal for that one. I already have quite the list of parts to install once it gets here, and I just ordered all new struts and springs for it as well. Really hope it gets here soon!

IBratmanI

We need more details on this "new" car
I know. But I really want to have it done, and have some updated pics, then I will show and tell. 

As I said before, it won't be anything special for some people, but others will appreciate it. I for one, can't wait.

IBratmanI

Finally yanked the engine, tranny, and front crossmember out of the parts car today. Separated them all from eachother, and put them to the side. Also swapped the seats from the parts car, into the Loyale just because of the stink associated with the Loyale seats, and the GL seats are a slightly different fabric, and a little better IMO. So now the parts car is ready to load onto my snowmobile trailer and haul to the junkyard. Hopefully that will get done soon, so I can free up some room in my driveway again!

IBratmanI

Pics of what has been done the last couple days

2013031095135204_zps85fbf552.jpg

New dirty seats. They need a little cleaning, but they don't smell bad

2013031095135123_zps05ba0393.jpg

5 spd dual range transmission and brand new clutch

2013031095135056_zpsedcb4836.jpg

And I installed a rear wind deflector on the rear hatch

2013031095135026_zpsb97e8e8a.jpg

And a new (to me) Craftsman tool box thanks to Gabe. Nothing compared to what a lot of people have, but an upgrade for me.

2013031095135919_zpsc42b2c70.jpg

Latest posts

Back