apkarian100

Vendor
I was able to paint my headlights today and wax the car. Here are some pics:

SAM_0282.jpg

SAM_0280.jpg

apkarian100

Vendor
Tiny update:

I found some boost leaks so I went and replaced the uppipe and downpipe gaskets. I finally was able to pull the turbo and find out what the hell it is. Tis' a TD05H.
default_biggrin.png
A little more searching in the engine, I found I have STI pink injectors. I also slapped on a lightweight crank pulley.

Now to finally find out which fuel pump I have and then get tuned.
default_additional_ranting.gif

apkarian100

Vendor
So I finally got my car back together tonight from the gasket install. The old gaskets had some leaks, can you tell?:

1008002023b.jpg

I was also able to re-tighten the hose clamps from the compressor to TMIC and the throttle body. Now I can actually hear my stock BOV working a little and now I have no leaks.
default_wink.png

Things to note:

1. Putting a turbo back on is a *****. The stupid oil drain hose gave me the hardest time with the squeeze clamps. I finally found a good method for putting the clamp back on after hours of frustration.

2. Never use copper crush washers for the turbo coolant lines that were thicker than the stock ones. Basically, they don't "crush" and start leaking coolant everywhere. Then you have to fiddle with taking them off in the very tight space you have, without having to take the turbo off. It sucks!

Last edited by a moderator:

apkarian100

Vendor
Replaced my 2 header to block gaskets and the 2 crosspipe gaskets today. Hopefully that solves my exhaust boost leak issues. I'm also picking up an OBX turbo inlet in the next day or so, to be installed at the end of next week. Then once that's all said and done, I'll go get tuned.
default_smile.png

WRwagon

So your summers are stock and your winters are aftermarket?

I'm sorta kicking myself for not getting my winters on this week. I had all the best intentions, but I took the first wheel off only to find that I was an idiot and cross-threaded one of the studs somehow
default_frown.gif
. I am also a NH resident that goes to college in Maine, so it's probably going to be another three weeks before I get the winters on.

apkarian100

Vendor
My winters are curbed and paint-flaking stockers. You can't see them up close in the pics, but hell, they are winter wheels, so I could care less about flaking for this winter anyways.

So your summers are stock and your winters are aftermarket?

I'm sorta kicking myself for not getting my winters on this week. I had all the best intentions, but I took the first wheel off only to find that I was an idiot and cross-threaded one of the studs somehow
default_frown.gif
. I am also a NH resident that goes to college in Maine, so it's probably going to be another three weeks before I get the winters on.

apkarian100

Vendor
So some good news. I did a compression test today, found the values ranged from 150-155. I also upgraded to one step colder spark plugs and I found, sitting in my tank, a Walbro 255 pump. I'm ready for a Bren tune Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back