Autocross 2007 Discussion

ralli

I have to put on my Front Sway Bar (Thanks Akina) and front sway bar links and get a good tune going on the car.. I like the UP/DP but it feels sluggish today.. which could have a lot to do with the fact that the last subaru I drove all weekend was an STI....

EvilAsPie

How much do you really have to do?

You still have 10 days including an entire weekend.

I go the tune up done on my car last weekend minus spark plugs. Ended up having to clean and restart my furnace instead of plugs. So i've go those and the rest of my goodies to go in this weekend. And it will finally be nice out come this weekend!

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I have to get the wheels, clean them up (sandblast) and give them a good spray bomb since they are getting tossed around.

then get the tires mounted, heat cycle the tires

Fix the window

mount the roll bar

mount the harnesses

oil change

gear oil change

diff fluid change

bleed brakes

order pads

tweak alignment

EvilAsPie

so on that note...

after this weekend i'm going to need an alignment. I would like to get a "sport" alignment. Something that is daily drivable without eating the inside of the tire too much, but would help me out on the autox course a little.

If i get someone who doesn't know what i'm talking about, what should i be asking for besides "sport" alignment?

camber/toe/etc? I know what they are but i don't how much would make a difference and how much would be too much?

R

redlinerally

If i get someone who doesn't know what i'm talking about, what should i be asking for besides "sport" alignment?
Ask for another employee... someone who's a car nut or does motorsports.

EvilAsPie

Thanks Ralli! That is exactly what i was looking for! Not that TPH's response wasn't helpful.
default_biggrin.png

I'm shooting to have inski do the alignment. I'll see how these numbers compare to what he already has in mind for a "sport" alignment.

How hard is it/what tools are need to do an alignment yourself?

Back