Autocross 2007 Discussion

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
GRRRR!

I don't even have the tires mounted on the wheels yet!
I do have your wheels in the trunk of my car though :)
oh sweet jebus! I hope archie's tire machine can handle the race tires
default_biggrin.png

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
bastard!

I put her up in the air last night. I got the Oil changed, realized I didn't have the mythical 23mm socket for the diff fill plug, and I forgot to get the gear oil for the tranny :
default_biggrin.png

but once I get that crap I will be well on my way,

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Oh....

I got the trailer hitch on last night too

now I just have to do the wiring and I will be set for trailering
default_biggrin.png

but I pulled the wheelzors and the calipers look new! The rotors and pads are in good shape, enough that I can probably postpone the pad order until after Storyland

ruggedman

Oh....

I got the trailer hitch on last night too

now I just have to do the wiring and I will be set for trailering
default_biggrin.png

but I pulled the wheelzors and the calipers look new! The rotors and pads are in good shape, enough that I can probably postpone the pad order until after Storyland
So what class are you running the Miata in?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Ok so far I have done:

Trailer hitch install

Trailer Hitch wirning installed

R-Compounds mounted on the other wheels

Oil Changed

Trans oil changed

Diff changed

Things left:

Heat Cycle/Scrub the tires

fix window

install rollbar

install harnesses

order pads :
default_biggrin.png

install pads

bleed brakes (waiting for pads)

and I think I am going to add a radiator to the list as well... it is a little bit weepy.

EvilAsPie

Things left:

fix window

install rollbar

install harnesses

order pads :
default_biggrin.png

install pads

and I think I am going to add a radiator to the list as well... it is a little bit weepy.
Someones going to be busy...

So while i was working on my car yesterday i felt my front rotors and they feel bumpy. like little ribs as you run your finger up and down it. So i don't think i want to put the new ebc pads on those. Think i'll wait and get some new rotors to better set in with the pads. Probably after storyland (which is now in 6 days). any ideas what causes a rotor to get like that? Is it really bad? I would assume that the pads have groves too to match the rotors. Is this going to be okay to autox while i'm beating on the brakes?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Things left:

fix window

install rollbar

install harnesses

order pads :
default_biggrin.png

install pads

Someones going to be busy...

So while i was working on my car yesterday i felt my front rotors and they feel bumpy. like little ribs as you run your finger up and down it. So i don't think i want to put the new ebc pads on those. Think i'll wait and get some new rotors to better set in with the pads. Probably after storyland (which is now in 6 days). any ideas what causes a rotor to get like that? Is it really bad? I would assume that the pads have groves too to match the rotors. Is this going to be okay to autox while i'm beating on the brakes?

you will be fine. my rear rotors are like that for some reason.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Trans oil changed

Diff changed
I just did my trans and rear diff and my god that fluid smells horrible. All i can smell STILL is the fluid. >
default_biggrin.png
I take it that this was your first time playing with gear oil?
default_biggrin.png

I hope you changed and used The Uncle Scotty Cocktail.

akinaspeedstar

so i was talking to my dad and one of the people my mom works with has a subaru and i guess is racing at story land. i'll have to keep an eye out.

got my sway adjusted, vets open, and filter cleaned. just need my tired mounted and alignment

Latest posts

Back