Autocross Sunday

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
you might want to check before you do that. i know they are pretty concious of the clubs PR and image.

they don't really have any say. In public view. they can film and report on anything.

akinaspeedstar

true, but you might want to ask the club before you ASK them to come. the old guys there might pop a blood vessle, you know who im talking about....on second thought... maybe you should invite them!! haha

EvilAsPie

I'm as good as there. It's been almost 4 weeks since i've auto-x'd and I feel a little weird for taking a break that long.
That's nothing, I haven't raced since the end of May and the right foot is getting REALLLLLY twitchy.
No smooth is fast, not twitchy. :thumbsup:

Tyler

I can tell him to make sure not to get any plate closeups ... I know the camera man and he thought it would make an interesting story.

ruggedman

I can tell him to make sure not to get any plate closeups ... I know the camera man and he thought it would make an interesting story.
I agree. I think it's a great idea. If you want to bring someone for information either Antonio or I could show you who to talk to or give you some information for the broadcast.

I actually think it would be of a lot of benefit for our club, since we're a non-profit, and this year in particular we've had a pretty solid decrease in participation. Getting the word out may help get new blood out there. Re-iterate over and over again that it's a driver skill and safety event and NOT RACING ;-)

And i'm with Antonio i'll go on TV ;-) Don and Remy jr. to the rescue
default_smile.png

Ty Ty

Hmm...*scratches chin*

Is there a rulebook online somewhere to help me class the Jeep...? :angel12:

My foot is twitchy...I need something to do.

katnip

the car is black. I swear
Ty, you MUST bring the jeep!!!! :headbang:

on the TV coverage, we had Bill Green's Maine do the Union rallycross a few years ago. Just remember, CMC is running without a state fire marshal permit, which they should be getting. This kind of press could lead to issues! :dontknow:

ralli

on the TV coverage, we had Bill Green's Maine do the Union rallycross a few years ago. Just remember, CMC is running without a state fire marshal permit, which they should be getting. This kind of press could lead to issues! :dontknow:
I think the autocross chair has spoken to a few different state agencies in the past, so I'm pretty sure they have been ok.

ruggedman

I think the autocross chair has spoken to a few different state agencies in the past, so I'm pretty sure they have been ok.
Yeah we talked with them for a while about that. Their rules do not apply to us (nor the rally-x series if you read through them). We'd be happy to buy a permit if it actually pertained to our events, but the fire marshall permit is written to circle track specifications not parking lot or feild bomber specs.

Ty Ty

So I've been reading the SCCA Solo classing rules...and I've gotten confused. There's too many damn classes. :laughing1:

I'm guessing it fits in street prepared.

I'll be running rear wheel drive.

Modifications.

Cat back exhaust

Bored throttle body

throttle body spacer

cone filter intake

Bilstein HD shocks

That's about it...it's a Jeep...

(They do allow walk ins at the event right? :sad5:)

EvilAsPie

:laughing4: That's all they allow. No pre-reg for CMC. Just have to be there before 9 or it's an extra $5. I don't even know when reg closes, they seam to let people join in whenever. They can be a little too laid back sometimes.

:dontknow:

ruggedman

So I've been reading the SCCA Solo classing rules...and I've gotten confused. There's too many damn classes. :laughing1:

I'm guessing it fits in street prepared.

I'll be running rear wheel drive.

Modifications.

Cat back exhaust

Bored throttle body

throttle body spacer

cone filter intake

Bilstein HD shocks

That's about it...it's a Jeep...

If you haven't done anything to the gearing you can probably run in a Street class like STX.

katnip

the car is black. I swear

Yeah we talked with them for a while about that. Their rules do not apply to us (nor the rally-x series if you read through them). We'd be happy to buy a permit if it actually pertained to our events, but the fire marshall permit is written to circle track specifications not parking lot or feild bomber specs.
Oh I read thru them and so did the attorney I worked for, no dice. that is what I tried to argue with Steve Dixon at the Fire Marshal's office. I even had him to the fairgrounds to show him what we did. The Fairgrounds even needs to get one for the mud runs! I explained to him what you guys do and he said you all needed one too, I just refused to give the name of the club so he could find you! Richard has had to get one for Pooh winterx's too!

Just sayin'! The fine for not having one is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Ty run STX with me dude :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Latest posts

Back