Autocross Sunday

katnip

the car is black. I swear
STX eh? Sounds like a plan. It shall be done. See you loonies on Sunday! :hello:
sweet! now I won't be the only one with an RX setup spankin' the pavement!

EvilAsPie

Evil As Pie Racing will be bringing a new member tomorrow. Another celica rolling with a set of my subaru rims. See everyone in the morning.

:hello:

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
hehe, if I just didnt smash my other side of my car's suspension, I think imight had shown up to try Autox....

unless I get up the crack ass of dawn, and get it fixed.. hrmmm, then kat, you wouldnt be the only one on a rallyx setup

ruggedman

Nice work Gabe. I wanted to beat you so bad my head almost exploded. Me gabe and antonio were all like a couple 1/10's from eachother. Wicked cool that cars that are so different can be so similar time-wise.

Ty Ty

Nobody ever tells me that I look like a lobster...I find out later when gas station cashiers are looking at me funny...

EvilAsPie

Wow what a ruf day!?! The clutch in the RS had been questionable for a little while. This morning on the way to lewiston it starting slipping in 4th and 5th whenever i got on the go juice. Decided it would be a bad idea to run it and risk not being able to drive it home.

Then on the Supra's second run she blown teh upper radiator hose off the radiator. Fixed that with a clamp from the undriven RS.

Between the ripped hose at the last event and the problem this time and me not putting in anymore coolant. She over heated in 2 more runs. Really my fault for not adding more coolant, but the overflow always looked good, but i guess the system was pretty low cause she took more then a gallon to fill. Thought the HG might have gone in the overheating by she seamed ok on the drive home. The radiator might have a small crack also. Stuff to keep an eye on, but i think she's done AXing for a while.

Both cars are still drivable. The RS will be fixed ASAP, but probably not before next weekend. :sad5:

On a better note. Mike was kinda enough to let me run his car. Which made things challenging, fun, and competitive. His car really could have used some better dampening, especially on this "interesting" course, but it sure was a good time. Thanks again Mike!

akinaspeedstar

glad you had a good time grabing the tigers tail! that car was a bit of a handful on that course and that fact that you JUST barely beat me. 6 tenths or something makes me feel like im driving that car to about it's limit some room for improvement but not bad. now what to do about the suspention haha.

on a related note my fastest run of the day was when kat was sitting shotgun. i think the "cut the shit" look right out of the gate helped haha. so this is twice this has happend. i got a just crazy fast time when steph rode along last year and kat rides with me this year and i get a great time. aparently i just need rallyx girls to ride along for me to drive well hahahaha

Trainable

Nice work Gabe. I wanted to beat you so bad my head almost exploded. Me gabe and antonio were all like a couple 1/10's from eachother. Wicked cool that cars that are so different can be so similar time-wise.
Thanks. I kinda wish I was with the evens now so we would have more of a head to head competition. I was happy that I managed to keep my hamfisting under control until my last run, courses like this usually kill me. It was a fun day and it was great to get out again.
Bummer about the RS and Supra Peter. Would you guys be interested in making a Devens trip Sept 7th?

katnip

I had a great time! I think I managed to kill a cone on every run. I am too used to the arse kicking out behind me in turns, in the dirt. Trail braking on tarmac kept the arse in line, thus my killing the inside cone with the rear wheel, often!

Ty I had the same problem! I didn't sunscreen until too late, lovely t-shirt tan!

Ty Ty

Hehehehe.

150eff4a.jpg

katnip

ty you beat the lightning :thumbsup:

and I was only 2 seconds =/- from Joel ie: :headbang: rallycross pig vs. turbo waggie

raw

me: 59.960

joel:57.959

pax (I have no idea what this is, but it's even closer :headbang:)

me: 49.167

joel:48.743

It sucks that Evil runs STS, I so wanted to put him in my car and see how he did compared to Akina's RS. To see if the fact that when I run, I am about 4-5 seconds slower than him. Driving style or car at limits. My times are pretty consistent and I tried a different driving style every run :BangHead:

Impreza05

We had a great time, it was nice to meet some that we hadn't met before. Kat sorry we ran off so quick but we were running late!!!! I have now decided what I want to do with my RS after seeing yours. I need some Forester XT springs, Gabe let me know!

Adam

Latest posts

Back