BLMPKN's LOWERED 05 OBXT! **UPDATED 1/8/13**

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Thanks mike, pretty soon imma be stealin all your business!
default_wink.png
haha

And yes, id rather not talk about stupid tophats though
default_sleep.png
next time the Pre-disassemble checklist will be double and triple checked
default_tongue.png

Love it. Now go lower
default_wink.png
The next step in that would be removing the outback body lift spacers (or whatever theyre called) that would put it down another 1.5" or so, but that's a little more than a weekend project im pretty sure

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Looks good! Taking out the Outback body spacers won't actually drop the car at all. It will just make the drivetrain sit higher in the car. But it may allow you to use even lower springs, or coilovers and make the car lower that way. Great job with it!

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Wouldent the drivetrain sitting higher in the car = The body coming closer to the ground? If your moving the tranny/diffs and whatever else UP.. wouldent the wheels follow suit?

Either way, it could be a possibility come spring. Plenty of time for research!

Thanks for the good words
default_smile.png
im probably too proud of myself for doing all the work haha

IBratmanI

The struts/springs are what determine the ride height of the car, when you remove the blocks, the struts are still in the same spot, the drivetrain is just tucked up higher in the body.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Next thing on the list is a Mishimoto radiator, mishimoto radiator hoses, and a grimmspeed thermostat.

Anyone have experience with these products?

IBratmanI

I installed a Mishimoto radiator in my XT, worked great, fit great, and the stock fans bolted right on. Great product for the money.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Awesome. Just what I wanted to hear! Any noticable difference in operating and/or coolant temps? The mishimoto is way thicker than factory, seems to me like it would keep things drastically cooler

cwiggin

Love it!! Wagon looks good lowered. Loojed awesome jacked up, but I thinking even better with lower. Kudos for doing it on Ur own. Nice work

Last edited by a moderator:

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Love it!! Wagon looks good lowered. Loojed awesome jacked up, but I thinking even better with lower. Kudos for doing it on Ur own. Nice work
Its seen both worlds! and thanks. I try to do my own work when I can, save money and learn some junk. Getting too cold now though (garage isn't heated
default_frown.gif
)

It's no longer a outback xt it's now a legacy gt lol looks good will
A legacy gt with huge fog lights and fender flares! But Thanks gabe, hope your not offended I changed your masterpiece so much haha

HR radness

His royal radness
I want the lift kit please and the wheels/tires if you have them. I'd like to lift the wife's OB ll bean

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
All 4 tires were shot, and I promised gabe if i were to get rid of the wheels that Id sell them back to him. Im not quite sure what I wanna do with the lift yet, but if i ever decide to sell it or anything ill definitely shoot you a p.m

I want the lift kit please and the wheels/tires if you have them. I'd like to lift the wife's OB ll bean

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Just ordered Whitelines kit of 4 rear lateral/control arms whatever you wanna call em. Needs adjustable arms to dial in the alignment to where its not just shredding tires.

Should arrive at my door sometime next week, getting installed and realigned friday!

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Update in short:

Whiteline rear arms are awesome.

Mishimoto radiator, mishimoto hoses, and grimmspeed thermostat will be ordered soon.

Made a lightbar, and a pair of hella 500's with yellow h.i.d's installed and wired by Apkarian will be functioning in a few weeks!

Aaaand I had a hooning incident, pulled off a fender flare and broke the lower door trim. No big deal.

Ill upload some car pron whenever I feel like enough has changed on the waggie to warrant pictures.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
wicked bored bub.. so ill upload some pics.. everybody likes pics!

Well start with my new Whiteline control arms

floorbars_zpsc5824393.jpg

that's them on the floor

carbars_zps3b239668.jpg

that's them on the car! Wow!

Like I said, had a minor hooning accident. the flare is in one peice, door trim will need replacing.

carnage_zpsd2afcc43.jpg

Decided awhile ago I needed a sunday afternoon project while the girlpiece was at work, so I bought 3 feet of square tubing and another 3 feet of flat stock and make a lightbar! Cost me 26$ for materials and the can of truck bed coating I sprayed it with. Its pretty simple, and not as sexy as the rally innovations one.. but it didnt cost me 200+$ and I have the satisfaction of making it myself. Put 4 tabs to mount hellas to, and mounted it to the bumper beam with 7" long half inch bolts/nuts and fender washers

mounting_zps46376a2f.jpg

It shakes a little bit, so im going to take a page from the book of rally innovations and add some more flatstock somehow so it will also attach to the two holes the front plate screws to..hopefully stopping the shaking.

doinwerk_zps23cd4ae5.jpg

Heres a better pic of the bar, and how the car looks at the moment. (not my abandoned house)

mouse_zps77ef6d35.jpg

and heres a wild mouse I caught. He was rather pleasant for a wild beast, I think i named him walter.. or norman? I forget.

that's it for now! whenever I put two more hellas on that bar (thinking 700ffs) or replace my rad, hoses, and thermostat ill update

sorry for the random sized pics, ill get the hang of uploading shit sooner or later!

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
I figured as much, but ill replace it anyways. The grimspeed unit opens 30 degrees (pretty sure) cooler, and if it is to fail, it will stick open rather than shut.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Few updates, ill go in depth later.

Mishimoto radiator and hoses went in nicely. Didnt install grimmspeed thermostat.

Ordered a new lower door molding, process west tmic, and a GFB tms respons b.o.v.

Ordering a competition clutch stg.3 package in a few days.

Lost first gear at 244k, replacing with a brandy new factory 5 speed and a short throw shifter.

Wondering how much life the rear diff has in it.

Latest posts

Back