CMC autocross 5/31

b13-t

whats the course layout? anyone know? i know they frown on sliding around, so i'll have to see if i can resist.. if its mostly second gear, i'll go..

brighton

Rally Fluffer
whats the course layout? anyone know? i know they frown on sliding around, so i'll have to see if i can resist.. if its mostly second gear, i'll go..
Here is the set up from a 2 seasons ago. They don't change it to, to much they might reverse it , put more Slaloms in or something.

ruggedman

There was a whole thread on it at NASIOC a few months ago. I'll try to find it when I get home.
if you believe everything you read on Nasioc then every subaru engine is going to blow up at 30,000 miles, every WRX's transmission will eat itself if you step on the gas, and your clutch wont last more than 10,000 miles.

In a community as big as that there's a lot of drama queens, a lot of ignorant people with no mechanical knowledge, and a lot rumor passers. You'll get idiots that break things, jump to conclusions, and then spread rumors.

08WRXME

if you believe everything you read on Nasioc then every subaru engine is going to blow up at 30,000 miles, every WRX's transmission will eat itself if you step on the gas, and your clutch wont last more than 10,000 miles.
In a community as big as that there's a lot of drama queens, a lot of ignorant people with no mechanical knowledge, and a lot rumor passers. You'll get idiots that break things, jump to conclusions, and then spread rumors.
Sounds like ClubWRX.net
default_biggrin.png

I stay away from the national sites, not worth all the BS, false leads, and the constant rebuttal if your car isn't wrb with gold bbs a tbe and tune.
default_eek.gif

K, back on topic... So if we are just going to watch, we should get there around 10? and I googled it and it looks like it is off exit 46?

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer

thanks for that wonderfully accurate assessment of our dear nabisco buds!

like most boards, nabisco has lots and lots of great stuff, but too often there's a whole lotta crapola to wade thru to find it.

"I blew my WRX trans, therefore they suck" (no mention of the 89 drag launches)

"my WRX motor spun a bearing, therefore they suck" (no mention of the 8500-mile oil change intervals and that this happened while sump was 2 quarts low)

"that Rota wheel just broke clean off in my last AX, therefore they suck" (no mention that he ran wide at a hairpin and smucked a pothole while at full steering lock and full throttle)

etc etc

ruggedman

thanks for that wonderfully accurate assessment of our dear nabisco buds!
like most boards, nabisco has lots and lots of great stuff, but too often there's a whole lotta crapola to wade thru to find it.

"I blew my WRX trans, therefore they suck" (no mention of the 89 drag launches)

"my WRX motor spun a bearing, therefore they suck" (no mention of the 8500-mile oil change intervals and that this happened while sump was 2 quarts low)

"that Rota wheel just broke clean off in my last AX, therefore they suck" (no mention that he ran wide at a hairpin and smucked a pothole while at full steering lock and full throttle)

etc etc
BRAVO!
default_eek.gif

My fav is the guy that blows his trans and is like..."i was just babying it on the highway at the time....it never broke when i went drag racing every weekend for the past two seasons"

CLASSIC Nabisco. If you want to be paranoid...read everything there!
default_biggrin.png

09FXT

I just found out I have this day off of work. This will be my first Auto x, what time should I get there? And is there anything i should know before I show up?

You might want to empty out your trunk at home. All loose items must be removed before you run. Or just empty it in the parking lot.

ruggedman

*unsubscribes from every nabisco thread except picture threads and for-sale threads*
Nabisco for sale is all i EVER go there for.

It used to be a great site when i joined in 2000, much like this site.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Any national/large site will have too many arm chair mechanics. The only stuff I talk about are tires and 2.5 motors/headgaskets because I actually have experience in dealing with them.

As for autocross, show up between 8 and 8:30. Dump out all the loose crap in your car. Register. Get tech inspected. Walk the course a few times. Stand around for the drivers meeting. Once that is over walk the course again. You will get a number on your registration. Even or Odd. The groups are divided into two groups based upon that. And there are 4 sections of racing through out the day. Evens, odds, evens, odds; possibly the reverse of that. You will race your even or odd groups, and work one of the other groups heats. There will be a staging area where you line up. Try and figure out the few cars ahead and behind you and line up accordingly.

Actual driving tech stuff. Don't be retarded and do clutch dumps on the line. This not a drag race. Where you actually start and where the timing lights sit are separated so there is no need to launch hard. Most of the courses can be done in second gear. I've only hit the rev limiter once in the RS at an autox. Yellow cones will be on your left, orange cones on the right. There may be a slalom, sometimes they are drivers choice, sometimes they are one way. You will catch an ear full for donuts or smoke shows, go behind a warehouse if you want to do that. Powerslides are frowned upon, and generally having traction makes for the best time.

Hit a cone and it tips over or is out of its place entirely will be plus a second. Going outside of the designated course will give you +20 seconds, but they technically disqualify your run. You get three morning runs and three afternoon runs.

Passengers and friends/family are welcome. If they are not driving they still have to get a wrist band and sign the liability waiver. You have a passenger ride along, they must have signed the waiver, be wearing a helmet (CMC provides loaner helmets, but bring your own if you have them) and KEEP THEIR GOSH DARN ARMS INSIDE THE WINDOW.

Show up, have fun, enjoy the day, learn how your car handles. Folks can chime in with stuff I forgot to mention.

If I do end up going I'll be more than happy to do ride alongs and give advice for anyone who wants it. I'll be the blasphemer in this beast:

IMG_4526.jpg

Evan

I may go just to watch.Anybody from Yarmouth going?
I'm probably going from cumberland, and possibly carwhore from yarmouth.

dude WTF are you talking about?
default_additional_ponder.gif
details of these supposed horror stories would be good.

/rumors
he's probably talking about the one batch of one style of rota, which were recalled. they were brittle enough to crack with heavy impact, instead of just bending like normal. that was a few years ago though.

I was planning to make this one but we have too much going on with the Relay for Life and everything else. We will definitely be at the mall.
evilaspie, are you going to be at the june 28th event at the jetport? i will probably be at that one as well.

Stein

Stein
I'll be the blasphemer in this beast:
IMG_4526.jpg
How does that thing handle in the rain? Just curious
default_additional_yell.gif

Evan, thanks, but I don't think the parents want me going now without one of them, and they don't want to go...

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
How does that thing handle in the rain? Just curious
default_biggrin.png
Evan, thanks, but I don't think the parents want me going now without one of them, and they don't want to go...
Handles fine. Just gotta be more gentle with the go fast pedal. It's just rain not ice.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Tell that to every asshat in front of me on 295 today
default_biggrin.png
Those same drivers are the ones who do 75 in the snow in their SUV's because eff it I've got dat der four wheel drive which goes real good like in that there snow.

Evan

just tell them that once you sign the death waiver, its tons of fun!

EvilAsPie

evilaspie, are you going to be at the june 28th event at the jetport? i will probably be at that one as well.
Actually probably not. Our wedding anv. is the 24th and i think we are going away that weekend.

Kinda a bummer i really like that lot.
default_additional_party.gif

katnip

the car is black. I swear
Actually probably not. Our wedding anv. is the 24th and i think we are going away that weekend.
Kinda a bummer i really like that lot.
default_idk.gif
racing together is being together! that counts, right?

RedForester08

Any national/large site will have too many arm chair mechanics. The only stuff I talk about are tires and 2.5 motors/headgaskets because I actually have experience in dealing with them.
As for autocross, show up between 8 and 8:30. Dump out all the loose crap in your car. Register. Get tech inspected. Walk the course a few times. Stand around for the drivers meeting. Once that is over walk the course again. You will get a number on your registration. Even or Odd. The groups are divided into two groups based upon that. And there are 4 sections of racing through out the day. Evens, odds, evens, odds; possibly the reverse of that. You will race your even or odd groups, and work one of the other groups heats. There will be a staging area where you line up. Try and figure out the few cars ahead and behind you and line up accordingly.

Actual driving tech stuff. Don't be retarded and do clutch dumps on the line. This not a drag race. Where you actually start and where the timing lights sit are separated so there is no need to launch hard. Most of the courses can be done in second gear. I've only hit the rev limiter once in the RS at an autox. Yellow cones will be on your left, orange cones on the right. There may be a slalom, sometimes they are drivers choice, sometimes they are one way. You will catch an ear full for donuts or smoke shows, go behind a warehouse if you want to do that. Powerslides are frowned upon, and generally having traction makes for the best time.

Hit a cone and it tips over or is out of its place entirely will be plus a second. Going outside of the designated course will give you +20 seconds, but they technically disqualify your run. You get three morning runs and three afternoon runs.

Passengers and friends/family are welcome. If they are not driving they still have to get a wrist band and sign the liability waiver. You have a passenger ride along, they must have signed the waiver, be wearing a helmet (CMC provides loaner helmets, but bring your own if you have them) and KEEP THEIR GOSH DARN ARMS INSIDE THE WINDOW.

Show up, have fun, enjoy the day, learn how your car handles. Folks can chime in with stuff I forgot to mention.

If I do end up going I'll be more than happy to do ride alongs and give advice for anyone who wants it. I'll be the blasphemer in this beast:
I agree you covered it all. You are also very fast on the course and gave me some great advice when i race my RedImpreza 07 Wagon.

Well if the weather is like today's we'll be there with the Fozz. Me and the two boys as passengers. We'll see if this N/A toaster is as quick as my 07 N/A Wagon was. (quick to me that is)

Remeber this day in 2007 September

P1010041.jpg

P1010001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back