death of a ricer...birth of an rs

Matt

Made an offer for some new seats I found online and it was accepted. Picking them up Sunday, just néed to figure out how to squeeze it all in the rs!!!!

cloth rs seats for sale soon.

Matt

Got the rs seats today. What a trip. My gps took me down a goat path which turned into a jeep trail complete with washouts and huge rocks. The rs got dirty for all you rally guys!!!! finally got to the guys house and surprisingly the seats all fit in the car. Passenger seat removed prior. There in good shape for 11 yr old seats. Just need a good cleaning and sewing up a tear.
a6898a5d-1834-b286.jpg

a6898a5d-185c-1d6f.jpg

a6898a5d-187d-75a8.jpg

Sleeping baby not included

a6898a5d-18aa-9e77.jpg

Small tear

a6898a5d-18db-add8.jpg

I can sew it!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
SWEET. I was nervous that you wouldn't be able to sew the tear because the leather might have shrunk. My bottom cushion is like that.

Covers are easy to pull with pliers to get the hog rings outta the foam, you're a smart guy and I know you wont have a problem, but still if ya need a hand ya know I'm always down.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Those look awesome!! I love my leather seats.

While you're fixing leather seats... The stitches in the bottom of mine are starting to come out. I really suck at sewing...

Matt

thanks guys, seats are nice so far, ive been conditioning the crap out of them to give it some life. ill be doing some rust repair here in the next week or two, cutting out and welding in new rear quarter patchs, ill take lots of pictures of this and ive begun a search for a project.....from what ive been reading its gonna be sweet.....details to follow.

Matt

Picking up an ej255 shortblock tomorrow. Complete from crank to pistons. It's essentially the same motor as the Sti besides piston design. Commence hybrid rs-t build. I'll get pics of the block soon.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Congrats Matt. While I was curious to see how your 251 block would take to boost, I think this route will end up being more fruitful for you in the long run
default_biggrin.png

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Ummm citation for illegible hand writing.

I was hassled by a statey not too long ago but only gave me a warning. Local cops never bother me.

you know that if it's not over 95 dB, which is pretty loud, that they can't give it to you?

it's in paragraph 6 of the exhaust law in the 29-a

http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/statutes/29-a/title29-Asec1912.html

"6. Exception. Subsections 1 and 3 do not apply to a muffler or exhaust system that does not emit noise in excess of 95 decibels as measured in accordance with standards and specifications outlined in standard J-1169 adopted by the Society of Automotive Engineers in May 1998. A person served with a Violation Summons and Complaint charging a violation of subsection 1 or 3 must provide satisfactory evidence that the muffler or exhaust system does not emit a noise in excess of 95 decibels as measured in accordance with standards and specifications outlined in standard J-1169 adopted by the Society of Automotive Engineers in May 1998. Measurements must be made by participating certified inspection stations.

This subsection applies to motor vehicles as defined in section 101, subsection 42, except that it does not apply to motorcycles."

all the J-1169 states is that in neutral, rev to 3/4 max engine speed, and let it decelerate and if the sound pressure does not exceed 95dB at any point in the decel, then it is legal.

Just so you know.

Justin

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

he was sitting at the tolls on 95 before auburn, I let off and decellerated and apparently that got his attention... followed me through, stopped me and scollded me for being obviously louder than stock...so apparently that law really does apply to cars..just then a lifted chevy with dual exhaust when hammering by us and I just turned and looked at him like....uh, did you see that guy...are you going to pull him over to!!!

Latest posts

Back