February NER Rallycross, 2/24/07

R

redlinerally

so wait a few... RezPunk / RezDog, you guys driving the same car this time now? Or you still driving sep cars?

Punk, I'll be bringing the numba plate along with me either way of course.

RallyK

Sorry Kathy I'm not ignoring the pleas for volunteers. I'm going to Washington state for the Doo Wops rally tomorrow til monday. Gonna be hellafun

katnip

the car is black. I swear
Sorry Kathy I'm not ignoring the pleas for volunteers. I'm going to Washington state for the Doo Wops rally tomorrow til monday. Gonna be hellafun
go kick some ass, girl!

R

redlinerally

Not that you asked ME or anything but...

7:20 is good. The dedicated guys usually get there around 7 or so. Registration opens at 7:30, and gets swamped really quickly. Get there before the line forms, and you should be good to go.

ReZPunK

its 5:37 am and i have just woken up from a blissfull 3 hour nap.

we were at the garage untill 1:30 this morning pulling, repairing and reinstalling the transmission in hte GTI form hell.

we are getting on the road soon...see ya down there!!!!

J

junkyardgabe

hopefully you guy are having a great day down there
default_wink.png
default_biggrin.png
:D

R

redlinerally

Just got back. 22 cars in the Stock all wheel class.

Antonio (Ralli) placed 1st.

Jim (RedImpreza07) placed 6th or 7th.

Jeremy (RedlineRally) placed 10th. :-

R

rallyXcramps

I thought Ralli was FWD

And I thought RedImpreza would be in 4rally-prepared because of his fat swaybar...

...which brings you up to 8th! Not too shabby young man!

R

redlinerally

How would Ralli be FWD? He drove Steph Jaz's WRX wagon. Sure knows how to handle it!

And if RedImpreza gets bumped to P4, I would too because of my springs...
default_biggrin.png

But thanks!

R

rallyXcramps

Cool beans! Mainer's have some natural talent for this type of stuff, I'm sure of it. Glad you guys had fun. Glad to see a Subaru on top instead of that crazy Audi.

Redline, glad you finally did a full event. I knew you would. I knew your car would love you for it too. Now do another one! ;D

Anyone know what FWD Rally prepared ended like? And what about the 4wdM?

ralli

Yeah no FWD for me..

Took 1st in Stock AWD the last two events.. barely too.. there are some great drivers there and I dont really know how I pulled it off.. lucky i guess... but oh my.. A lot of fun!

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
inski, 2M ended like this:

1.) Chang Ho - Honder Civic with Barely legal studded tires... (questionable IMO, but oh well)

2.) Chuck Sherwood - VW Golf Rallycar

3.) James Turner - Subaru Impreza

4.) Nathan Sockalexis - Acura Integra

5.) Robert Sockalexis - Acura Integra

Even tho Rob said he was runnin in the GTI, I showed up with my tractionized tires for the ice.. and soon switched. I clawed again from the mid/bottom of back to get 4th, even with one stuff/stall in my first run..

Rallycat66

http://webpages.charter.net/carsoft/NER_RallyX_Results/NEDRallyX2007_Results.htm

Should be officially posted up on NER.org in a few days.

For the regulars, please note that the handling of OC, OFF, and DNF in not per the NER rules. We had a meltdown of the scoring spreadsheet as the first cars were pulling to the line, so the Axware Time and Scoring software that I was there to test got pressed into immediate service. Reviewing the results aftwards, applying the NER handling of these situations didn't make a difference in the final results, so we are presenting the scores as handled by Axware (OC = recorded time + 30 seconds, DNF is a flat 999.999).

Tim

KTurner

what was the deal with Chang's tires? I wasn't there long enough to see him run.
The studs stuck at least 3mm out of the tread, he had them custom made, and the guy who did it wouldn't make him any more IIRC. As per the rules, the studded tires must be DOT legal. His tires and studs may be DOT legal apart but I don't think they are together. I haven't been able to find DOT stud regulations yet.

It's too late to say anything about the event, but maybe for next time. Chang is fast, but the studs were a huge advantage on the ice hiding under the snow in the morning.

Either way... Hal and I stuffed it and stalled on the same ice covered corner in the morning and then I stuffed in the same snow bank twice in a row. Which is too bad since 2 out of 5 weren't bad.

My dad got his first podium. Which is cool.

Latest posts

Back