Forum Update

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
So, threads I post in (since the upgrade) aren't added to my subscriptions automatically. I didn't get an email update for this thread when people posted to it after I posted.

OH, and something that's been pissing me off ever since the upgrade from beloved VB is showing what posts I've read and not read.

On every other forum I've ever been on they have a system that has a different icon on a post that shows if you've read it or not. And a button you can click to the effect of "view current post". So you don't need to look around trying to figure out what's new in a thread. That would be an amazing feature to get back.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
one more thing....

The emoticon interface is completely useless, it was fine how it was before.

Sorry if I seem demanding about features with this, it's just that I'm a software beta tester. So I'm used to giving my opinions on new software.

Oh, ps. Tried to add this to my previous post as an edit, I can get into edit just fine. But when I click save changes nothing happens. So that seems broken as well...

Carter

Administrator
I signed on and said oh hey, it's facebook subarus...

The only thing I noticed so far I don't like (in about 45 seconds of browsing), on the main forums page the thingies on the right side. I used to be able to collapse the ones I didn't want to see. Like the facebook, donations (I donate, I don't need a constant reminder), etc. It clutters it up.
You still can by clicking the "X" on each box. Or you can collapse the entire side bar by hovering over the X above the Facebook box and click the X that appears.

So, threads I post in (since the upgrade) aren't added to my subscriptions automatically. I didn't get an email update for this thread when people posted to it after I posted.

OH, and something that's been pissing me off ever since the upgrade from beloved VB is showing what posts I've read and not read.

On every other forum I've ever been on they have a system that has a different icon on a post that shows if you've read it or not. And a button you can click to the effect of "view current post". So you don't need to look around trying to figure out what's new in a thread. That would be an amazing feature to get back.
You need to go into your profile and change your new and improved notifications settings.

You should really try the View New Content feature. It has been revamped.

If you click the Dot or Star on the left side of the thread, it will bring you to the latest post you haven't seen. The Dot or Star will be dark blue if there are new posts, greyed out if you've already read it.

one more thing....

The emoticon interface is completely useless, it was fine how it was before.

Sorry if I seem demanding about features with this, it's just that I'm a software beta tester. So I'm used to giving my opinions on new software.

Oh, ps. Tried to add this to my previous post as an edit, I can get into edit just fine. But when I click save changes nothing happens. So that seems broken as well...

The Emoticon interface before was useless....

Editing is turned off for right now. I will turn it back on soon.

Fix the CSS for the words at the top and bottom of the thread. The colors look too close so you can't read the text.
Working on that but its not a priority right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I can't get into my profile, or messages unless I right click and open them in a new tab. and peoples visitor profile comments are showing as status messages.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I don't mind it, but it seems to be causing a few issues. This morning I couldn't even reply to posts.

Carter

Administrator
I can't get into my profile, or messages unless I right click and open them in a new tab. and peoples visitor profile comments are showing as status messages.
Click on your name at the top right, click my profile. Or just click on your name in a thread.

Visitor comments are now profile feed. Where are they showing as status messages? If you mean messages/notifications at the top of the webpage you can turn that off in "my settings -> Notifications".

not a fan of this so far.
Can you elaborate?

I don't mind it, but it seems to be causing a few issues. This morning I couldn't even reply to posts.
Browser?

Carter

Administrator
I have recached the new theme and it did update some things. If you had problems with something, try it again and let me know if its working.

Thanks

K

Kati

Visitor comments are now profile feed. Where are they showing as status messages? If you mean messages/notifications at the top of the webpage you can turn that off in "my settings -> Notifications".
No When you go to read all of the Recent Status Updates, by clicking on "View All Updates". It shows where I left a visitor comment for someone. Gabe brought this to my attention. So members other than myself can see them too.

SUBARUDE

it wont let me edit my post in my for sale threads.

TEST

Carter

Administrator
There seems to be a problem with the edit feature. I have opened a critical ticket. Should hear back tonight. I'll keep you posted.

SUBARUDE

thanks
default_additional_hail.gif

Latest posts

Back