Future Group Meets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddcli4d021491

I haven't been to a very large number of meets, but I personally thought that the Auburn/Lewiston meet that I attended was very successful. We filled an entire patio outdoors, and ran out of room. I think that Auburn and Lewiston are worth keeping. I understand your point if people aren't in the Augusta area Brunswick, etc, but I don't think only having them in a few number of locations is a good idea, even though it is in the more populated part of the state. I think if more communication was made targeted to those that are up this way (I live in Vassalboro for anyone who does not know), and it's difficult to drive to Saco, or Portland, etc, on a work night. I still try to make it when I can, but ya know. 

Another thought I had may just turn into a question. I don't see enough info on reminders for the meets. Is this something that I should know when they fall on? Is there a way to download the calendar on my iPhone, or a group I can follow with meet notifications? Or can I sign up for an email notification? It may be annoying to some, but I wonder if you sent a message to all users' emails once a month with group meet details that may help a lot. It will keep it fresh, and few will miss it. They should also have a way to disable it.

Just a few thoughts! :/

Brian Lowell

Brian-Lowell.com
I cannot physically attend Wednesday meetings due to my work and personal schedule. If they could be on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night this would be a lot more helpful.

Alura

Guys. Weekends aren't happening. I'm sorry to sound so rude or even shooting it down and being negative. But its a no. Can we please move on from weekends. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited by a moderator:

Carter

Administrator
I haven't been to a very large number of meets, but I personally thought that the Auburn/Lewiston meet that I attended was very successful. We filled an entire patio outdoors, and ran out of room. I think that Auburn and Lewiston are worth keeping. I understand your point if people aren't in the Augusta area Brunswick, etc, but I don't think only having them in a few number of locations is a good idea, even though it is in the more populated part of the state. I think if more communication was made targeted to those that are up this way (I live in Vassalboro for anyone who does not know), and it's difficult to drive to Saco, or Portland, etc, on a work night. I still try to make it when I can, but ya know. 

Another thought I had may just turn into a question. I don't see enough info on reminders for the meets. Is this something that I should know when they fall on? Is there a way to download the calendar on my iPhone, or a group I can follow with meet notifications? Or can I sign up for an email notification? It may be annoying to some, but I wonder if you sent a message to all users' emails once a month with group meet details that may help a lot. It will keep it fresh, and few will miss it. They should also have a way to disable it.

Just a few thoughts! :/
Not a bad idea with the email. I'll check into it.

What I have implemented is making sure meets are posted no later than the 1st of the month giving people more notice. (Mods get flogged if they miss the deadline!
default_smile.png
)

Meets will always be the second Wednesday of each month, it will never change. 

Alura

And as far as when the meets are. They're the second wednesday of every month. But working on communication is definitely very possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

WRB96IMPREZA

YouTube Moderator
I work in a restaurant and generally they are busier on weekends so it would be harder for us as a big group to get in and all sit together. Plus I NEVER have weekends off so weekend meets are out for me. The only days I have off is tuesdays and thursdays. Ive tried to get wednesdays off so I can go to meets but it just wont happen. Ive begged my boss and even asked if someone else can work my shift but apparently no one is good enough to take my place. that's why I can never make it to meets. Well in the summer anyway, once the golf course closes ill be able to make it but not a whole lot of people go to the winter meets anyway and those are the only ones I can make it too. Sometimes I wish I had a 9-5 job so I could do more things with the club. So anyway I am in agreement with no to the weekend meets.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
#1. Set the top of the forum banner flag to display the meet every month. A lot of people don't read the forum (I don't even know what they do when they come on here, but it isn't read all the threads). The header will be seen by everyone all the time.

#2. The commitment percentage has been dropping for the past few years now. I could get a headcount of 18 for meets and expect 14 to show up, which is about 80%  commitment. Now it is closer to about 50%. If this were a Porsche club you know the commitment percentage would be a lot higher. The bbq had a 50% commitment rate. Yes/maybe/No isn't that hard. I can always do the "MS" math in my head when planning meets and get pretty close, but it doesn't work if people can't even communicate.

#3. If it were up to me, I'd just do Portland meets because even though we have a ton of people in the L/A area, no one really shows up. You can post all the stories you want, but the numbers don't add up. Boo hoo sorry.

As for myself, I'm a wildcard due to my scheduled NH office schedule + I've been working mad stupid hours due to after hours maintenance + business growth. I'm hoping in 2014 things will settle down a bit for me, especially now that the RS is "done"

Alura

I'm sorry but I agree. Some of you that're complaing about not having the L/A meets are people that ALWAYS have an excuse last minite. Commitment isn't hard. There are people that live up there that make it to portland easy. And I myself drive to auburn more then anywhere. Its not a bad drive. Most meets are 30-90 minutes away for me. I haven't missed one in months. And I work twelve hour shifts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Nikki

Personally, I think a few Auburn/Lewiston meets here and there are a good idea. Myself, working late and having a toddler, won't make it to the meets elsewhere.

Matt

Maybe we should just eliminate say Brunswick and have a Lewiston/auburn meet and then say three southern meets( Portland/SoPo/Westbrook-Saco ). That way we can include the northern crowd still. I'm thinking we shouldn't eliminate the meet just back it off a touch and see where it goes. If it continues to fail it gets the axe

GClark

Woah woah woah, Simply Just Matt, real "northerners" will never come down. We live in Canada. Mainely has always had this problem, this is nothing new.  We are never going to have huge attendance at our meets, Maine's to spread out and no one has $$$. The weekend meet was perfect, and no one came.  Whatever, I enjoy the people that do show up. 

urabusturbo

Lets just go to Cole Farm's in Gray! that place is about halfway between Auburn and Portland! (I am kidding, that place is nasty). I wish I could make it to more meets, I blame my crappy work schedule and my girlfriend who is sometimes super lame when it comes to doing car stuff.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Yeah I can't say much because I don't attend many meets, and haven't made it to any since the twins were born, but this pretty much makes it impossible for many including Kati and I to ever make it to a meet. We have never had a babysitter, and rarely have the time and sometimes money to make it. But if this is made into a strictly Southern Maine meet than there are many that will never come. I agree with Garrett.

dsmith

I agree with dan on the banner at the header of the main page, not too much work to make and everyone will see it. I personally have just been trying to pinch my pennies so I've only been to a few of the southern meets, in the sopo area.

Carter

Administrator
Alright. I think I have heard enough feedback on the matter. We will eliminate Brunswick meets. We will keep L/A in the rotation with the following modifications for all meets:

As always a thread will be posted by the 1st of each month.

A notice will be put up at the top of the forum with the meet information.

The meet will also be posted on our Facebook wall.

I will look into bulk email, but I don't want to spam people every month.

If these actions do not result in a higher turnout then we will definitely axe the L/A group meets.

Zach

I don't go because I work 2nd shift and if I can make I'll go but if the meets are always going to be 100 miles worth of traveling for me more then likely I won't go unless its someplace I really like.

05RSKID

i wish i could go to the meets but i work till 530 Tuesday thru Friday so kinda hard to make it to the Portland area for a 630 meet when im in brewer.  but i haven't missed a northern meet and usually have to ask for one to be posted. since its been two months since the last one.

Fluffy282

Lets just go to Cole Farm's in Gray! that place is about halfway between Auburn and Portland! (I am kidding, that place is nasty). I wish I could make it to more meets, I blame my crappy work schedule and my girlfriend who is sometimes super lame when it comes to doing car stuff.
Awww I love Cole farms.... Even tho its packed with old people.My schedule is changing mid-late September so I will be at most/all meets after that.

.... I still enjoy weekends :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back