Helpppp. Dead (?) 06 impreza

JoshP

Fair enough, especially when it was driven after the damage happened and tried to start again etc. 

abigailfisk76

The mechanic I brought it to is putting an engine in it. He's not really letting me pick what's gettin put in :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visonik

It's your car. You're suppose to be able to pick what goes in it. It's not up to him. Sounds like he's bullying you.

injulen

It's your car. You're suppose to be able to pick what goes in it. It's not up to him. Sounds like he's bullying you.
Exactly. I tried to say about the same thing earlier but my phone bugged out and the message didn't post.

It's your car and your money so ultimately it is your decision not his. Unless we are missing something here.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Sucks you didn't take it to Cross Roads. It would have been cheaper, you could have had a say in what motor went in, and he knows his shit.

i-wagon

Kick your mechanic in the head and explain that if he wants your money, working on your car, he'll do what you want

abigailfisk76

Disclaimer: this is not my choice of mechanic. My parents offered to pay half of my garage bill if I took it to him. I would much rather have brought it to Nate. Being poor sucks.

abigailfisk76

Bummer, that explains it then. Good luck! Any word on when you'll have it back?
No sir
default_frown.gif

Industry

If the mechanic isn't a subaru guy it might help to explain to your parents that he doesn't necessarily know best. these cars seem to be a bit particular in my experience. I wouldn't trust my cousin to build me a Boxer motor, yet he builds 383 stroker motors that produce very high horsepower without fail. good luck either way.

abigailfisk76

Just got the car back last night. Engine with 93k, with new heads, timing belt, water pump and other engine things, new clutch, fixed evap issue. $3200. Drove her 7 miles from the mechanic last night and she started to squeal. I think it's belt slip, but I'm terrified of my car making noises now. Someone come reassure me that she won't blow up again.... Right?

IBratmanI

Holy shit. That's a lot for a non turbo motor change. Why new heads? Definitely check the accessory belts to see if they are loose, although they shouldn't be where the mechanic just put them on. Maybe he's not a subaru guy. Those belts usually get put on really tight. Just keep an eye on fluid levels. There is a warranty right?

injulen

I'd start with checking the accessory belts for sure. The alternator one always surprises me how tight it needs to be for no squealing. The timing belt would sound a lot worse if something was wrong.

Visonik

For Meyagi to do my turbo job, with labor, newer heads, and a brand new block it was $3650... (not including the timing belt, clutch, and other things).

Seems like he charged you a lot...

IBratmanI

Yeah the price is high for sure. Too bad you didn't have more of a say in who did the work. That guy made a lot of money off that job.

Latest posts

Back