How bad do you beat on your car?

Rallytech14

For those of you who dont know, i have a 2002 WRX and i love it to death.

I rarely beat on her...and get teased a lot for it. But tonight my roommates convinced me to it
default_additional_ponder.gif

We went down to the half-built development a few miles away, did some donuts in a gravel, a few 180 degree E-brake assisted skids on tar at 40 mph.

Once i had warmed up and conquered my nerves it was a blast,
default_idk.gif
did a few second gear clutch dumps into more donuts, on asphalt...

How badly do you beat on your subies? And how much can these cars really take? What are the more 'safer' moves?

I think im one step closer too
default_smile.png
default_biggrin.png

-Zach

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
For those of you who dont know, i have a 2002 WRX and i love it to death.

I rarely beat on her...and get teased a lot for it. But tonight my roommates convinced me to it
default_biggrin.png

We went down to the half-built development a few miles away, did some donuts in a gravel, a few 180 degree E-brake assisted skids on tar at 40 mph.

Once i had warmed up and conquered my nerves it was a blast,
default_idk.gif
did a few second gear clutch dumps into more donuts, on asphalt...

How badly do you beat on your subies? And how much can these cars really take? What are the more 'safer' moves?

I think im one step closer too
default_additional_ponder.gif
default_biggrin.png

-Zach
I don`t recommend clutch dumps on a 8 year old car unless you are planing to upgrade your clutch soon
default_smile.png

HR radness

His royal radness
Lets see.....on an '02 bugeye wagon with 162K and a year and a half of ownership

3 rallycrosses

1 hillclimb

no major issues. Am I due? yes, do I care? Am I the stig? Definetly NOT.

I happen to think and I know many on here would share my opinion that your car is meant to be driven, not kept in a garage and only taken on weekends. I went from a Honda accord to my first WRX in '03, I've owned nine subies since then and I haven't looked back.

Spank her brother, spank her hard. Revel in the ensuing glee and the newfound perspective that you have found!

Rallytech14

what about the parking lot of Beech Ridge...everytime i drive by that place i feel like we should have a Rally X or something there, has anybody ever looked into that?

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I have owned my car for like 6 or 7 years now. Got it junior year of highschool

I have beat the ever living LOVEshit out of my car. Autocross, rallycross, 2am hooning. I now take the dirt road home EVERY day from work. This car has put up with my abuse and smiled all the way through it. Cars are meant to be driven.

As for your car? Good news: The 2.0's are awesome and last a very long time. Bad news: transmissions are weaker than they could be. On loose stuff, have fun, but don't go doing 6k clutch dumps on tarmac.

Most importantly, enjoy.

Also, come to the dirty dark side
default_idk.gif

Matt

towards the far end of that parking lot towards turn one theres one hell of a jump right now!!!!! watch for it if you hit it at night

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
as of about an hour ago after a bit of "spirited driving" looked down and the heat needle was all the way up!!!!!!!! pulled over, popped the hood and saw that I had some nasty goo comming from the antifreeze overflow tank
default_idk.gif
........ so limped it down the road to a parking lot... there it sits.

DAMNIT... and oops.

Last edited by a moderator:

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
as of about an hour ago after a bit of "spirited driving" looked down and the heat needle was all the way up!!!!!!!! pulled over, popped the hood and saw that I had some nasty goo comming from the antifreeze overflow tank
default_idk.gif
........ so limped it down the road to a parking lot... there it sits.

DAMNIT... and oops.
Headgaskets

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Why would you launch in 2nd gear?

I beat on my Legacy. I kinda go easy on my GL, I don't want to kill it.

Last edited by a moderator:

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
if you have been diverse in cars this question is easy.

of course, the farther you go back in time, the longer the drivetrain is willing, I mean days upon days relentless....but steel fails..

today they are retarded in the tight top end snaps with more wiggling parts than a real torque could even catch up to.

beat it in other words...you'll only reveal what it needs. old or new

default_idk.gif

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Hahaa, I don't think I crested 4.5k rpms though. I didn't dump the clutch, slam the transmission around, etc.

The only thing I really did was jab a stick through the condenser, but my AC is long gone anyway

Iboc_C64

Well, until recently I didn't think I was that hard on my car. But I realize that once little pieces of plastice start cracking off (cracked side skirts on an 09)... ummm well it was either a lift incedent, expanding ice, or too much road debris.... If it was the last one then woops, lol. On thanksgiving day I took a drive down a dirt road to show my car off to my cousin and, especially the new subs because he hasn't heard them yet. In the middle of sliding around a corner in 1st, he reached up, turned down the stereo and said "Next time I ride with you, I need to remember Diapers!".

So, he thinks Im rough on it, but my mechanic is surprised that I still appear to have more than 50% of my brake life left on the stock brakes at 40,000 miles. I only drive on dirt roads maybe 4% or 5% of the time I drive, but when I do, I am becoming more confident, faster, and not hesitating as much as I use to. I'm loving it, and so far, only have cosmetic problems to show for it.

Gate4jg

I have never beaten on my 04 STI, its been babied way too much and i regret nothing. lol But my 08 on the other hand takes the beating for that car.

Latest posts

Back