How bad do you beat on your car?

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
So I re-filled the radiator and overflow tank with coolant and drove it home 10 miles and it didnt overheat at all the needle just stayed in the middle??? what does this mean? that I was only low on coolant?

Last edited by a moderator:

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
So I re-filled the radiator and overflow tank with coolant and drove it home 10 miles and it didnt overheat at all the needle just stayed in the middle??? what does this mean? that I was only low on coolant?
Keep an eye on your coolant levels over the next few days/weeks. If you're consuming coolant, then there's a problem.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
You could also be leaking coolant, cracked rad, heater core hose, etc, whatever. It might be something simple to fix.

ReZPunK

um....i have never taken any of my cars on off road... lol

ok who am i kidding...

02 wrx wagon (now with more blown motor!) with 248k miles and it has taken flight over many a dirt jumps on the back logging roads, and winter hoonage rides... only once or twice have i ever done "donuts" in it...that gets boring after the 1st one....

rallycrosses, autocrosses, dirt roads, winter logging roads, um....its no wonder its got a bum engine...

i think my brothers imp wagon has more dirt miles than most rally cars...

Stein

Stein
I beat on mine pretty hard I guess. No clutch dumps on solid/sticky surfaces, but a good amount of WOT.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
WOT isn't to bad... What about redline shifts?

My legacy sees a lot of that. heh. I miss the thing, I really need to get it back on the road.

It can spin all four tires on dirt roads, etc. My MO is: If I break it, I can fix it.

Ray

The Northernah'
um....i have never taken any of my cars on off road... lol

ok who am i kidding...

02 wrx wagon (now with more blown motor!) with 248k miles and it has taken flight over many a dirt jumps on the back logging roads, and winter hoonage rides... only once or twice have i ever done "donuts" in it...that gets boring after the 1st one....

rallycrosses, autocrosses, dirt roads, winter logging roads, um....its no wonder its got a bum engine...

i think my brothers imp wagon has more dirt miles than most rally cars...
that car of yours really impresses me, 250k miles of that really shows why subies are awesome!

Matt

its good to get into her once in awhile....cleans out the carbon deposits...if your mom catchs you just tell her a certified tech told you to....lol

Stein

Stein
its good to get into her once in awhile....cleans out the carbon deposits...if your mom catchs you just tell her a certified tech told you to....lol
Naw, she knows. I like to slide down the driveway on the fall layer of leaves
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
your subaru is NOT a Ferrari or Ast0n Martin. It is built to drive, not to moon over and polish.

cannot express how hard Ive droven my Scoobs over the years....OK so a motor blew up, Erik and I surfed the ditches a few gtimes, JoMo and I surfed ditches a buncha times. Heh, I even whacked a tree.

but it was 110% all worth evry minute.

if you drive mindfully and don't abuse the machinery, a scoob will come back for more and more like you wouln't belive.

....and if it breaks, just fix it!

skipow

im deathly afraid of doing any sort of clutch dump in my 02' wrx.

from what i hear about their "glass" trannys- i dont want to be left with blown gears.

on snow i give er' plenty of ebrake slides and spirited driving.

Rallytech14

thanks for the reassurance guys! we need to all meet up some time and tear some s*** up!

everythings good in moderation
default_additional_punch.gif

Matt

dirt drive 2!!!!!! for all us fools who skipped the last one!!!!

where they do nefr is it legal for us to drive the roads or is it all private lands???

Last edited by a moderator:

Rallytech14

im one of those guys who skipped the first one haha

and that was mostly run on private logging roads, American Rally Championship, or should i say "RallyCar" had special permission to use them

GClark

dirt drive 2!!!!!! for all us fools who skipped the last one!!!!

where they do nefr is it legal for us to drive the roads or is it all private lands???
Ya noooo, we don't want to have the roads taken away from NEFR because some subie owners were flogging it around houses.

Latest posts

Back