I can be part of the club now!!! (again) Now with pics.

-=Lobstah=-

Haha, you too fell victim to the Subie FSM cam cap bolt torque spec
default_smile.png
I learned that the hard way long time ago
default_smile.png

And those block vent hoses are crap. Now I Use double reinforced hi-temp-something hose. I think it'll outlive the cars
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mighty Subie

haha yeah. Stupid FSM telling me the WRONG information.... Joel printed out a sheet from his one and it clearly said the 'inside' ones are 14.5 and the fronts are half that. One of the ones on the passenger side stretched so much that it broke. That wasn't fun. not at all. This side was a lot easier, but still annoying. I was out there boiling in the heat all day. I kept taking my hat off but I would have to put it back on because I would burn the crap out of my head without it. Made bonehead mistake about which side of the engine is 1 and 3 and which is 2 and 4. I wasn't really thinking straight earlier. I was thinking ''put this f'n thing back together and get out of the heat''

Mighty Subie

Okay. Put the coil I mistakenly took from cyl 2 onto cyl 1 and cleared my cyl 1 misfire codes. Runs like a champ. So happy. My roommate's obd2 reader is amazing. It doesn't just pull the code, it shows all the related data associated with it. Tells me how much air was going through thr maf, the rpm, that the issue while in open loop fueling, all sorts of crap. Pretty cool.

Latest posts

Back