In before the close!

Nikki

If it's stainless like I think it is heating it would suck and use too much oxygen I don't have. I could sleeve it if it's at the axleback, the cat to mid pipe one needs flex

Actually, I could just weld the flanges together, that's much easier

The above only applies to cat back I just remembered it had rumble, that means headers...let me know where it leaks and I'll ponder a repair
It's not the flange to the cat, so sleeving it won't work.  I have UEL headers, it's the flange that meets the block, on the left side if you're in the driver seat. Which is clearly where the noise is coming from. I've spent about $100, having multiple people look at it. I told them the flange was warped, but of course, being a girl, i dont know anything ( 
default_additional_mad2.gif
  ) Someone thought it was the gaskets; replaced them.....nope. Someone else found my donut gasket demolished....said, okay problem solved. NOPE. Meineke even tried telling me that absolutely nothing was wrong with my car and it sounded normal, after he made some comment about me being a girl...... I could've just bought new headers basically by now. So frustrating. Rant over.

Last edited by a moderator:

05RSKID

It's not the flange to the cat, so sleeving it won't work.  I have UEL headers, it's the flange that meets the block, on the left side if you're in the driver seat. Which is clearly where the noise is coming from. I've spent about $100, having multiple people look at it. I told them the flange was warped, but of course, being a girl, i dont know anything ( 
default_additional_mad2.gif
  ) Someone thought it was the gaskets; replaced them.....nope. Someone else found my donut gasket demolished....said, okay problem solved. NOPE. Meineke even tried telling me that absolutely nothing was wrong with my car and it sounded normal, after he made some comment about me being a girl...... I could've just bought new headers basically by now. So frustrating. Rant over.
Do you have the borla header?  I have a pin hole in mine that i cant get a welder to and its driving me nuts but its only a small leak so i just deal with it.  But i did a bunch of welding to some other small leaks on the header also.  My guess is its the header it self or you need new gaskets between the header and block.  But hard telling since i have no idea with out seeing or hearing it.

Nikki

Do you have the borla header?  I have a pin hole in mine that i cant get a welder to and its driving me nuts but its only a small leak so i just deal with it.  But i did a bunch of welding to some other small leaks on the header also.  My guess is its the header it self or you need new gaskets between the header and block.  But hard telling since i have no idea with out seeing or hearing it.
I've had evergreen look at it, and sealed it with silicone once. It literally just the flange. I've looked at it, you can see how it's warped. I just had the gaskets on each side of the block replaced....not even a week ago. It's certainly not a little baby leak. It's pretty significant.

05RSKID

I've had evergreen look at it, and sealed it with silicone once. It literally just the flange. I've looked at it, you can see how it's warped. I just had the gaskets on each side of the block replaced....not even a week ago. It's certainly not a little baby leak. It's pretty significant.
hope you can get it figured out. would take a look at it for ya if i wasn't so far a way.  

i-wagon

...stupid phone

Heating the flange and pounding it isn't a real precise method, and may not be worth the ambition. At this point you might want to cut your losses and buy an new header and a skid plate to protect it

Last edited by a moderator:

dsmith

why isn't whoever ruined you're exhaust paying to replace it??

Nikki

why isn't whoever ruined you're exhaust paying to replace it??
Lol trust me.That was my thought too. However the kid said, "I don't like your attitude, you're on your own." uhh..YEAH, of course I have an attitude. I get my car back TRASHED, my bezel cracked, and my headers messed up.....

Nikki

Who is this kid?  A friend?  How did he get access to your car?
Was a friend. haha. Let's just say we aren't on speaking terms. He let me borrow his $30k jeep for a night to take somewhere and i left my car with him, thinking it was safe since I had his jeep worth 4 times my car.

scubiecraig

Was a friend. haha. Let's just say we aren't on speaking terms. He let me borrow his $30k jeep for a night to take somewhere and i left my car with him, thinking it was safe since I had his jeep worth 4 times my car.
That's nice... he beats on your car... probably thought because it wasn't a "high class" car, he could do whatever he wanted to with it.  You should do something to his Jeep.  
default_tongue.png

Nikki

That's nice... he beats on your car... probably thought because it wasn't a "high class" car, he could do whatever he wanted to with it.  You should do something to his Jeep.  
default_tongue.png
Lol his theory actually, was "you put lowering springs in your car for function, not for looks..." my response was..."YEAH. FUNCTION FOR WHEN I'M DRIVING IT." i'm not vindictive. It'll catch up to him sometime.

Flipswitch

be a shame if his alternator belt came loose & his jeep couldn't be jumped when the battery died

it's also fun soldering a car horn to brake light wires

Latest posts

Back