uty8u6uv.jpg
ra9usa3e.jpg

e2y7e8ym.jpg

peqasuty.jpg

Picked up this lanyard bead too.

e6u8aqa6.jpg

ejubegun.jpg

inski

I just got a knife from Big Lots.  It was $5.  The package said 'rubber grip.' So I thought "cool, something grippy so it doesn't slip around f-ing me all up."

Took it out of the package and the handle was all plastic.  How the hell can they advertise rubber grip when its clearly all plastic without any rubber???

I wasn't expecting much from Sheffield/China.  It does have a half decent blade.  Suppose it will be at home in the tool box at work.

I need a blade with a Hogue grip.

Gretsch308

I just got a knife from Big Lots. It was $5. The package said 'rubber grip.' So I thought "cool, something grippy so it doesn't slip around f-ing me all up."

Took it out of the package and the handle was all plastic. How the hell can they advertise rubber grip when its clearly all plastic without any rubber???

I wasn't expecting much from Sheffield/China. It does have a half decent blade. Suppose it will be at home in the tool box at work.

I need a blade with a Hogue grip.
You need some rough micarta or textured G-10!!!

inski

I did some custom stippling on the new Sheffield $5 thingamajig.  Pics tomorrow.  Came out half decent considering I was just experimenting. DId the standard shi7 ton of dots, then some lines, then dots on top of lines, then an "e" pattern,  then a "N' pattern.  Finally I found something I really liked.  I held my dot maker at an angle and made several rows and it looks a bit like fish scales or snake scale.

got all kinds of grip on it now.

Then I polished the brass on a co-worker's large buck knife.  I love polished brass.

inski

Experimented with different sized pokers, twisted shapes, and angles.  It looks a little more refined now.  This morning I scuffed the high spots with emery cloth.  Less prickly now.  Wicked grippy.

inski

Thanks.  If you have any cheap knives or pistols you want done I'll do it free.  I have a paintball gun I'll probably do next just to get in more practice before I do my Glock...if I do the glock.  I might get another one of those $5 knives and try some more funky designs.

Gretsch308

Thanks. If you have any cheap knives or pistols you want done I'll do it free. I have a paintball gun I'll probably do next just to get in more practice before I do my Glock...if I do the glock. I might get another one of those $5 knives and try some more funky designs.
You know what you could do? Pick up a sheet of kydex and practice on that. They are like ~$5-$8 most places online.

Latest posts

Back