Marino's Lifted Hawkeye - the Winter Beast

i-wagon

They make grabbers in a 205 something 15. The 215's on forester wheels rub on my wagoon, I plan on skinnier next time around

i-wagon

I have 98 fozzy wheels and my geolandars rub.... but, overall I recommend grabbers, had them on my old forester and have them on my truck. Certain sizes wear faster than others, but the traction is hard to beat for the money

42012RS

Trim the fenders! 225/70r15's were great on 15x6.5 +38 lol I am hoping to fit bigger tires on 15x7 +0 once my car is back on the road.

She's got 225/65 16 blizzaks on 09 wrx steelies now with no issues. All I've got are foz struts and springs

Your car is looking good!

Visonik

I have 98 fozzy wheels and my geolandars rub.... but, overall I recommend grabbers, had them on my old forester and have them on my truck. Certain sizes wear faster than others, but the traction is hard to beat for the money
Wagons have less room than a sedan does. Got those wide fenders!

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Trim the fenders! 225/70r15's were great on 15x6.5 +38 lol I am hoping to fit bigger tires on 15x7 +0 once my car is back on the road.

She's got 225/65 16 blizzaks on 09 wrx steelies now with no issues. All I've got are foz struts and springs

Your car is looking good!
That's awesome
default_additional_sillylol.gif
and Thanks! 

I'm having some fun being lifted. Makes me want to go even higher, like, another inch or so would be nice

q41Ffwzh.jpg

I also got an alignment yesterday, needed it bad

So, I was driving to work this morning and unfortunately threw a few CEL's.

P0031 - Front oxygen (A/F) sensor heater circuit low input

P0327 - Knock sensor circuit low input

At least it's not the dreaded P0420, but it's odd because just a few months ago I had fixed the P0031 by getting a brand new Denso front o2 sensor. Granted it's most likely because that same sensor had to be spliced and extended to fit with my new UEL exhaust setup. But it was a clean job, so I don't know. After the code reader was plugged into the car the dash lights went away... Then, after shutting the car off and then turning it on again the lights were still gone, but the reader picked up those two codes above. As of now, there are no lights. But I feel they will pop up again. Arg....

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Even though you got the catted version, it's still a high flow, so there's a very good chance you'll get a cel for that. As for the knock sensor code, it may just need to be replaced soon. Not a hard job to do though, and they're cheap on ebay. Don't bother spending big money on one, the $12 ones on ebay work just as well, and last just as long.

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Yeah that CEL keeps coming on and than disappearing. Sure is annoying...

Soooooooooo I put the gold Sparco's on last weekend. Really hoping it doesn't snow now though, but I couldn't help it. Also, I test fitted my STi side skirts last week to see how they would mount. I had a small amount of extra 3m tape kicking around so I thought I would mock it up and use that along with a few clips on the bottom to see how it would fit. Turns out it was on there rock solid. Which made my day because now I'm not going to have to drill. I took it off but I'll wait for a nice warm day to finally install them.

Also, good news. I found someone with an 04/05 WRX to swap tail lights with. I did have to buy another 07 tail light though to replace the one with a hole in it to be a fair trade. But it wasn't horrible, $80 shipped. Funny thing is, I never liked how the 07 tail lights looked. But once the other guy swapped them to his psm WRX, they looked fantastic. We were thinking it was because psm is a lighter shade of silver so it just went together better. Anyway, he (and I) loved how his looked, and obviously I loved how mine was. Win win!

ln65aoBh.jpg

scubiecraig

You seem to make all the mods seem easy for this 07.  I have had the hardest time finding trades, etc.  You've made yours look exactly how I want mine to look, except I would put a WRX wing on mine instead of the STI version.  Looks great man.  Keep up the good work!

i-wagon

^I could never find anything I wanted for mine, except aluminum control arms and I didn't have money. This rig is looking awesome, and you name me miss my Hawkeye

Marino

I <3 BOOST
You seem to make all the mods seem easy for this 07.  I have had the hardest time finding trades, etc.  You've made yours look exactly how I want mine to look, except I would put a WRX wing on mine instead of the STI version.  Looks great man.  Keep up the good work!
Thanks Craig, appreciate it. It's not perfect by any means though, plenty of door dings and dents, bumper is all scraped on both sides from previous owners' neglect. Adds character I suppose

About the trade though. I posted on craigslist that I wanted to swap tail lights one evening just to see if I would get any hits, not really expecting to get anything. But in just a few hours someone got right back to me about it and from there it couldn't have worked out better. I don't know if I just get lucky or what haha

^I could never find anything I wanted for mine, except aluminum control arms and I didn't have money. This rig is looking awesome, and you name me miss my Hawkeye
Thanks i-wagon! Hawkeye's have turned into my favorite body style.

Agreed, the 04/05 tails look MUCH better then altezza's!
So true!

Marino

I <3 BOOST
I wasn't going to post this until the project was all completed but I couldn't help it --

I ordered a Rally Innovations light bar. This has been one thing I have wanted for the car since the day I got it, and I finally pulled the trigger. Although right after I bought it, the wingless trunk for my WRX popped up. Hate to spend all kinds of money at once but sometimes it can't be helped... Anyway, light bar.
default_banana.gif
I have to say, out of the box this is a very quality piece. I love that it's even powder coated. The hardware it came with was top notch as well, definitely worth the money. 

NekbjySh.jpg

4Sed6hxh.jpg

I wasn't going to install it until it got warmer out, but there I was at 9pm freezing in the garage putting it on because I couldn't wait and it was the only thing I could think about
As for the install, it went on pretty easily. Instructions they gave left a lot to be desired. But there was no drilling or any modification that needed to be done, and the splash guard underneath even fit right back on and didn't need to be trimmed. The only thing I was unsure of was how the bar was supposed to fasten into those large license plate circle holes, as there is nothing to actually bolt or screw in 
default_confused.gif
 But I had some clips kicking around that actually fit in there perfectly and secured the bar very tightly on top. Win!
default_banana.gif
It is on there extremely solid and doesn't budge whatsoever, I can move the whole car yanking on it.

I ordered FOUR Hella 500's for it today. They will be in by the end of next week so stay tuned, I'm pretty excited. I love how it looks.

1tFwYCUh.jpg

If I could have one decent day off that's not freezing cold or raining I'll put the STi skirts on. Can't wait for that.

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Oh, and on another note. Reason #152 why I love being lifted: Don't have to jack the car up to do basic things! Was able to install the bar easily without having to jack it up!

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Lights came in today.... mounting them to the bar was super easy. Just need to wire them up and then make some minor adjustments on where they are aimed

TzgBtInh.jpg

Love it. I'm going to do my headlights soon painted black, in the next few weeks. That'll really make a big difference. I ordered some butyl tape for when I do my lights, to make 100% sure they are completely sealed and have no moisture. Probably not needed (my 05 lights were fine without any extra sealant), but doesn't hurt

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Been really sick lately so I haven't been able to do much, but yesterday I was able to finally get the skirts on. They went on without an issue. What I did was use the side skirt clips all along the bottom in addition to two strips of 3m sticky tape. Both surfaces prepped and washed with soap and water, dried thoroughly, and then used rubbing alcohol before the tape was applied. Prep is key... Like so:

VHlzTxEh.jpg

No drilling required, so they are still removable if I wanted to without any trace. And they are on there extremely solid. Best part is they hide the ugly pinch weld that is all bent from previous owners...

DCefdRGh.jpg

I have been searching everywhere for a stained glass yellow aerosol can to do the high beam bowls of my headlights when I paint them. No luck. Looks like the Krylon one has been discontinued or something. So I just ordered the Dupli Color Metalcast yellow version. Should be mint, I can't wait for that project

Last edited by a moderator:

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Finally painted the headlight insides today. Been wanting to do this a long time. I ran out of daylight to put them back on the car, will post more about it tomorrow

But for now....

JddKmzxh.jpg

UKVjr9ch.jpg

Latest posts

Back