Mini Group Drive

Angie XJ

Thanks everyone, glad you like them.

Awesome pictures Angie! Any special tricks to shooting in low-ish light you used?I'd like a full-size of 150, 158, and 159 please. And by fullsize, I mean FULL size
default_biggrin.png

Maybe 146, 154, and 173 too if its not too much of a problem.
Sure, here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mrhnoye5my1

The full sized versions are very noisy do to the crappy conditions. Hope they're ok for you.

If you're shooting in low light conditions, it's best to be using something with manual controls. Either decrease your shutter speed, increase your ISO (which will increase noise), or increase your aperture (make the f-stop number smaller). I shot in "shutter priority mode" most of the time this trip. I also always shoot in RAW which allows me to do a lot of edits later in Lightroom.

I use a Canon EOS Rebel XS. If you view the images on my flickr page, you can click "more properties" toward the lower right and view my settings I used for that shot.

That picture looks like there's water on your lens.I wish I had a good camera. There is a way to turn off the flash on most digital cameras though. Just play around with the settings and see if you can get neat pictures in various differently-lit places.
Actually, no, he's more right. There might be some on the lens, but using flash when it's snowing/raining/dusty out will capture the particles in the air. Basic digital cameras don't really allow you to focus as well and tend to capture the lit particles that are up close. I never use the in-camera flash on my camera unless I really need to.

4WRXter

Skier!
I nominate Angie XJ and 2.5RSDan as the official MS photogs. Between the big group drive and this last one, they both produced some awesome shots.

Ray

The Northernah'
WOW sweet pics! they came out really good, wouldnt happen to have the picture of my RS going down the road in Farmington would you? its the "triclops" haha

Fozzy

i wonder what he used to mount them up there..

possibly just the mounting equipment that is included
default_additional_spin.gif

gakosaurusrex

whose baja is that?rally lights are insane!
yeah papa gac's got game. and a reverse light!

-----Added 11/26/2009 at 06:20:40-----

I think someone told me they we mounted to a spare stock luggage rack...
default_additional_spin.gif
yea i mounted them to the spare roof rack had to flip the rack backwards so the lights weren't pointing strait at the ground

Iboc_C64

FYI, its official. I warped my new front driverside rim. Pobably on that sudden unnexpected dirt to tar transition. Oh well, that's the price of fun I suppose! that's the 3rd rim I have warped this year for those keeping score, lol.

Impreza05

FYI, its official. I warped my new front driverside rim. Pobably on that sudden unnexpected dirt to tar transition. Oh well, that's the price of fun I suppose! that's the 3rd rim I have warped this year for those keeping score, lol.
That sux. Time for aftermarket.

Iboc_C64

These are aftermarket, 16" Sport Edition F7s. I bought them from DougM12 to use for my winter rims. They have been on the car less than a week, lol. that's the good news BTW, stock replacements are almost $400 apiece, these are less than $100 apiece. And the warp isn't so bad either, its still noticeable now that I moved the rim to the back, but very tolerable.
default_eek.gif

Latest posts

Back