MS August Meet 2011

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Because we have such a big group this time, Rooster's has asked us to "pre-order". 30 people at one time is a lot for a restaurant, so they would like me to get the order from as many people as possible.

So read this http://www.roosters.com/sites/default/files/_pdf-base/Roosters_Online_Menu.pdf

and post your order, please and thank you!
Before people get too riled up about this...

It's a mixed bag, I understand why the restaurant is doing it, to make it easier on them. I did my time in the food industry during school. If you've never worked in the food industry, you don't know the joy of a school bus showing up unannounced at the last hour of your double shift... At the same time it sucks for us because it's not like we're a big family who can bang out an order list easily and it is very short notice. It's more like herding cats for us to get an order together. It is what it is. I understand people decide short notice or things come up, etc. We have to do the best we can. I have the utmost confidence we can still get a pretty big pre-order list going to make it easier on the local businesses!

Post what you're getting, OR PM me. I'll be calling it in day of at NOON since GClark will be away from the internets for a little while. Help me help them.

Here's a link to the menu: http://www.roosters.com/sites/default/files/_pdf-base/Roosters_Online_Menu.pdf

K

Kati

I just want to say that this is NOTHING like a school bus showing up at a fast food restaurant unannounced. This is an event that has been planned in advance, where the establishment should be prepared with the appropriate number of cook & wait staff to serve us.

Any word on my previous questions yet?

From experience separate checks will be available, if they don't I would surprised, and gratuity can be expected.

Prices for food are shown, $2 for a soda, probably 4-7 for a bottle of beer, plan on $30 and you should be fine

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I just want to say that this is NOTHING like a school bus showing up at a fast food restaurant unannounced. This is an event that has been planned in advance, where the establishment should be prepared with the appropriate number of cook & wait staff to serve us.

Any word on my previous questions yet?
Yeah come on. I honestly will have no sympathy for this place if they freak and can't handle our meet. They have known about this WAY ahead of time, an should be able to plan accordingly and have enough people to accommodate us. I have worked in the business before as well, and when it happens, it happens. Suck it up and deal. I'm sure it will be fine, and if it isn't, than we know where we won't go next time.

I feel as though they are being completely reasonable asking for as much of a pre-order as possible. They are a LOCAL business and we should do what we can to help them with their requests due to the size of the group and the type of food served. They need to know if the will be cooking 30 pizzas in an hour because pizza dough isn't made it 2 seconds. The economy isn't the greatest and everyone knows it, they need to make money and not bring in 5 extra people for one night just because they have a group coming ONCE or twice a year. Their employees could all be at their limit and the place may not want to pay overtime. The request was made. If we were all getting sandwiches that would be one thing. Its a NORTHERN MEET like has been requested. Be happy.

Help the mods out. If we are asked to not come back due to not doing a small request it won't be the regular members dealing with them it will be the mods. I understand some may not be absolutely positive on if they will be there or not. A few people ordering is not a big deal.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Just found out last night that I have to leave Wednesday morning for work down in Philly. So bummed out. Sooch, you should still go man! "Bring" a friend and extort gas money from them!

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I feel as though they are being completely reasonable asking for as much of a pre-order as possible. They are a LOCAL business and we should do what we can to help them with their requests due to the size of the group and the type of food served. They need to know if the will be cooking 30 pizzas in an hour because pizza dough isn't made it 2 seconds. The economy isn't the greatest and everyone knows it, they need to make money and not bring in 5 extra people for one night just because they have a group coming ONCE or twice a year. Their employees could all be at their limit and the place may not want to pay overtime. The request was made. If we were all getting sandwiches that would be one thing. Its a NORTHERN MEET like has been requested. Be happy.

Help the mods out. If we are asked to not come back due to not doing a small request it won't be the regular members dealing with them it will be the mods. I understand some may not be absolutely positive on if they will be there or not. A few people ordering is not a big deal.
Oh I completely understand why it is being asked, all I'm saying is they shouldn't act like it's that big of a deal. And by they, I mean the restaurant, not the mods here. The mods have been great!! And the more northern meets are DEFINITELY appreciated, it's the only time I can actually make it to a meet! What would this "local" business do if they got packed unexpectedly? Like I said they have been given a couple notices, well ahead of time, so they should be prepared. Should be all good!! And more power to the more decisive people on here that are able to pre order!! Lol, I would if I could, but I have a hard enough time deciding what to have for dinner at home every night!!!

WRB96IMPREZA

YouTube Moderator
It looks like its going to be just me going. Dad and the boyfriend are going to be working. For my meal I would like the classic caeser salad with chicken. See everyone tomorrow
default_smile.png

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
sorry guys, but unfortunately I have to work so I will not be able to attend.

During the school year, it will be a much different story.

Have fun.

GClark

Separate checks Kati.

We are all set for tonight, see everyone there! Oh and

L/A and southern people

Meet at the Lewiston Northbound (the big one) park and ride for 545-550ish if you want to caravan up

GClark

I can't wait to race you. (and win)

and on the next page:

L/A and southern people

Meet at the Lewiston Northbound (the big one) park and ride for 545-550ish if you want to caravan up

Anyone going up through woolwich/bath can meet up at Cumberland farms in woolwich... I'll be there at about 545 due to slow people on backroads

Latest posts

Back