Rally X Test & Tune Event- Feb 12th

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
So sorry cant make this. Real life job interferes w/desired hoonage. If u wanna find out how good You and ur car are as dance partners, heeeere's yer chance. OK it's not free, but all things considered its a smokin deal. Ratio of $ to seat time is xcellent.

inski

My son will be there. He'll probably kick everyone's butt!

Haha, he'll probably need encouragement to put the pedal down.

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
I'm out.. working on Saturday, and get off shift at 7am Sunday Morning.. don't think I can make it from Washington County Maine to Dalton NH in time..

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
Due to the lack of jobs I am facing at work, and last months grocery, heat, and gas credit card bill this is not going to work for me.
default_lost.gif
I had been holding out hoping to do this.
default_additional_bricks.gif
. bummmmmmer. working on plans to do some events this year, winters tough right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
of COURSE you need a helmet, it's an SCCA competitive event. needs to be rated for automobile use (ie no motocycle or snomo helmets)

other safety stuff is pretty simple--no loose stuff in the car, no big fluid leaks, brakes/steering/battery mount solid and non-wobbly.

tech inspection is generally pretty straightforward.

ntippet

Far From Maddening Crowds
Thanks, noted for the future.

That frees up 10hrs of driving this weekend for nothing at least.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
so...simple lack of helmet puts you out? heh, no so fast!

loaner helmets usually available...email organizer Jamie (jbskidude) to see what's up

ntippet

Far From Maddening Crowds
I wish it were that simple.

If that information was known sooner it may have been a possibility.

Unfortunately I can't justify dropping 300-400 on a couple helmets right now.

Also buying a replacement car for the wife 4 days ago puts a squeeze on the finances. (cars don't like being wrapped around trees)

Going all the way out there to find out none are available also doesn't work.

Besides I don't ask for handouts.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
who said anything about a handout? rally ppl have an amazing tendency to help others interested in getting involved, which is one of the main purposes this event was put together in first place.

I have two loaner helmets (1 size med-small, one XL) you could use, you'd need to pick em up in Camden.

ReZPunK

If the NER trailer is brought along for all the timing stuff. it has the Clubs loaner helmets on board. dont go because you dont have a lid..there are always lids for all racers to use in the trailer.

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
of COURSE you need a helmet, it's an SCCA competitive event. needs to be rated for automobile use (ie no motocycle or snomo helmets)
I thought in the rules for ner rallyx (as downloaded from the site) that they allow the motorcycle rated helmets... 2000 or 2005 plus? I checked mine and its a snell m2005 and thought it would have been ok? Did I misread the rulebook? I do realize that motorcycle helmets are not rated for fires etc as the car rated ones and in my best interest to have best possible helmet for racing in a car but thought I would be ok for later rallyx at least this year?

jbskidude

motorcycle helmet fine as long as it meets the snell ruling. We always have 3 loner helmets on hand, use it during run then return for next person. Grab it each run. dont let no helmet stop you from racing!

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
I won't be able to make this either... however, where is a good place to pickup a helmet around these parts? I'd like to try them on instead of order from the interwebs.

inski

Great idea Ryan! Find the ones that fit nice.

I've gotten all my helmets at Milano Motors in Windham, and Reynolds in Gorham. Any motorcycle shop will have Snell approved helmets. Look for the SNELL labels inside the helmet and sometimes labelled on the outside. Not all the motorcycle shops helmets will be SNELL approved but many are.

inski

pics are up on ner's forum. My son drove the Vader Wagon. I guess we all missed a ton of runs (15+?), wicked slippy, and an awesome display of car control in a RWD by katnip's hubby in a Mustang. Wish I hadn't missed all the fun.

IMG_0743A.jpg

IMG_0930A.jpg

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
15+!? Damn. Definitely missed out. Hopefully ill be able to "blow" the money on the next rally-x, looks like fun.

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
Nice. I need more broken new vw and audis to pay for my fun. Please bring them to me
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back