rents

-=Lobstah=-

Yup, seems like some landlords want to seriously cash in on their properties. I can understand when they pay mortgage+tax+maintenance+a few bucks on top seems fine; but 300-500 on top of expenses is a ittle too much if you ask me.

Another thing is some of them try to rent 2 BDs as 3 BDs, which automatically "gives them a reason" to charge more..... "A 6x9 room is NOT a bedroom, you idiot" :BangHead:

Ms Runnah

yeah see 800 something way more then i can afford. basicly to be able to eat and by gas i need a rent in the sub 650 range. so buying is almost comepleatly out. and i have a good friggen job i work for wright express and have for 3 years. but i guess it's time to find something knew when 11.40 wont pay the bills.
Could you afford $800 as long as all utilities are included? We plan on leaving our place in OOB by August 1st. (very nice 1 bedroom duplex, storage shed, 1/2 yard, and washer and dryer in "nice" part of OOB on Ross Road). And as a bonus you would get to take over my veggie garden I started (FREE cucumbers and tomatoes ALL summer!! :thumbsup:)

Ms Runnah

um that would leave me like 5 bucks a month to eat. but man what a weightloss plan! lol
Oh sorry
default_smile.png

I know sometimes when people say they can afford a certain ammount for rent they mean before utilities and everything. Good luck though with the search. I'll let you know if I happen to see anything in your range :happy3:

-=Lobstah=-

Soo.. after another round of loooking through classifieds, all i have to say is :angry4: :puke:

And to all the greedy landlords out there - :thebirdman:

:help:

akinaspeedstar

yep but not for sub 600 dollers! haha that's my problem i make slave wages. i think there are kids in india making more then me!

Jimbo

i make slave wages.
Pulled from your signature:

====

PIAA driving lights, I badge, K&N, LW pully, magnacore wires, stage II clutch,group N trans mount, KB shift bushing, 98 pitch mount, short shifter,HKS gauges, rear strut brace, whiteline adj sway, kartboy links,GReddy cat back, prodrive springs, KYB shocks, prodrive RB5 wing, jdm tails

====

Slave wages, eh?

wzrd

i make slave wages.
Pulled from your signature:

====

PIAA driving lights, I badge, K&N, LW pully, magnacore wires, stage II clutch,group N trans mount, KB shift bushing, 98 pitch mount, short shifter,HKS gauges, rear strut brace, whiteline adj sway, kartboy links,GReddy cat back, prodrive springs, KYB shocks, prodrive RB5 wing, jdm tails

====

Slave wages, eh?
Are you saying that we create our own reality?? :idea1:

akinaspeedstar

PIAA driving lights, I badge, K&N, LW pully, magnacore wires, stage II clutch,group N trans mount, short shifter,HKS gauges, rear strut brace, whiteline adj sway, prodrive RB5 wing, jdm tails

came on the car.

KB shift bushing, 98 pitch mount, kartboy links,GReddy cat back, prodrive springs, KYB shocks,

bought

kinda sucks when i break it down, what i can i say i bought a nice car! haha

ok slave wages may be an exageration but cost to live vrs what i make it's a little slim. i don't have cable i don't have internet i haven't gone out to the bars in 2 years. my only real friviouls things are my cell phone and i like my morning coffee and theres usully no food in the house so i buy lunch. car stuff is usually all bought with birthday and xmas money. lol

Evan

theres an apartment below me for around 700 i think, its technically a 1 bedroom but theres a good size second room landlord is awesome and he just redid the bathroom. neighbors are cool too.

akinaspeedstar

if that included everything it might fly but that's at like the absoulute max of what i could afford. and were talking like ramin for dinner everynight haha

Jimbo

Sounds like you need a raise, son. I think you'd have an easier time fighting that battle than you would trying to lower rents.

Redline

Mike, do you have debt? Just yes or no - I don't care about the amount.

If you do, I would highly suggest taking a second look at what you are spending - APR, payment terms, etc.

Moreover, if you are scraping by month-to-month, what are you doing buying lunch? Let's assume you go for something cheap... say $6.00 including drink. That's $30 per week, just on one meal. Add in the coffee every morning (that you buy, right?) and you're at an easy $45 per week on food, that you don't buy at the Grocery Store.

My wife and I spend about $300 per month on Groceries, and that includes baby formula (not included are: diapers, shampoo, and other baby items like snacks and juices). Per person, that's about $100/mo.

Let's say you eat "well". In that, I mean name brand items, meats, breads and snacks. $150 per month for food should be entirely inclusive, right up to dessert and snacks.

However, if you are buying lunch & coffee most every day (and let's reduce that dramatic number for arguments sake) you're spending about $120 per month outside of your food budget, on a mere single meal per day, plus a morning jolt.

You don't need just a raise, Mike. I think you need to re-think your spending habits.

And no, I'm not the stove calling the kettle black. I am well aware this is something I need to do as well.

akinaspeedstar

yeah i do need a new job but jobs and apartments are about the same for me right now.

i do have a little debt car payment and a bit on the card nothing major. pretty much i buy lunch and don't really eat dinner buy once or twice a week. last night i had a few handfuls of tortia chips haha. i do need to spend less on food that would help a lot but the biggest thing i can do? quit smokeing. that's a big expense per gain ratio. haha

-=Lobstah=-

that's one of things you could do
default_smile.png

Wife and I quit 3 months ago, and alll of a sudden there's an extra 250-300 a month
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back