Ryan Outback Sport

Ryan99OBS

So I made a members journal about pretty much all my vehicals ( and friends ) but I've decided to make one for just my car.

I bought my 1999 Outback sport in march 2012 for $950.

got it stickered and drove it till about 3 months ago. When I bought it I found out that there was oil in all my plug wells and oil all over my block. But it ran fine and I wasn't sure I wanted to even keep it for long so I didn't bother doing seals or anything. I just drove er.

End of july came around and about a month after I did a full oil change my oil light came on about 20 miles from home with no oil on me. So I drove back to town as easily as I could thinking this was the end of my motor. By the time I got to advanced she was knocking pretty bad. after that it ran and drove fine for about another week and a half with the knock but then it started losing power and smoking out the exhaust. so there she sat for 2 months, needing an engine at 166k.

I bought a truck and thought I wouldn't miss the car, I was wrong haha, had the truck exactly a month before it went on craigslist.

So now she sits at mikes house waiting for a 2.5 heart transplant. Cant wait to have it back and start putting more money into it.

293085_4243735510654_1927677402_n1.jpg

582051_4698922810052_1288786344_n1.jpg

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
urabusturbo has a good 2.2 that should plop in....
default_smile.png

Ryan99OBS

Got my car back from the meyagi compound last night. Shes back in action.

Future plans now include getting ahold of some swaybars. Lower profile tires. UEL's and a nice catback. and debating on mudflaps.

By the way. Could anyone tell me why I need to hold in the security button inside the car everytime I start it now? it used to be I had to push it once to reset it after the battery was disconnected but now its everytime.

Ryan99OBS

My current Ebay shopping cart.

UEL headers

3" catback exhaust

6000k HID kit

new 1000 watt amp

A/F gauge

Oil pressure gauge

Volts gauge

3 gauge pod for center cubby

Black rokblokz mudflaps

Kartboy short throw shifter

shiftboot and knob

pioneer headunit

ordering everything when I sell my truck.

I cant wait.

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Get a vac gauge or coolant temp gauge instead of a volts gauge. They're much more helpful for diagnosing shiat.  Keep a cheap multimeter in your car.  Also, if you put HIDs in your stock headlight buckets I'll punch you in the face through the internet.

Nice list!  Should be fun!

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Yeah those ebay HID kits are turrible, not bright at all. 

That's because when you put them in stock buckets they automatically hone in on the retinas of oncoming motorists, instead of the road.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I wouldn't do the 3" catback either. It'll just be loud and take away from power, mostly low end.

And I second the coolant gauge as well.

Ryan99OBS

Thanks for the input guys. Ill look into the coolant gauge for sure and i decided not to get my HIDs of ebay and get them off a real website. Any other exhaust's you guys recommend? I hate being quiet. I forgot im in 4th at 60mph+ too often hahaha.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
You can get any catback but the 3" piping is just too big for a non turbo. If you want noise just get a turbo axleback with a melon shooter put on by an exhaust shop.

i-wagon

I have a cherry bomb axleback for sale, just need to rotate the flange. Plenty loud but still sounded good with the uel header

Ryan99OBS

Finaly sold my truck so i have a little bit of cash to put into this.

So i ordered black rokblokz. Buying an evo 2 catback from mike and ordering ebay uel's monday. And need a new coil pack.

Ill upload pics when its all done.

Spiller1327

Everyone is right. I'm getting sick of my ricer hid's. They aren't focused correctly and everybody high beams you. I'm doing a retrofit ASAP. I had 2.5" catback on my obs and loved it. They are droney in n/a cars tho. Highway driving was undesirable. I've got a full black rs interior set up here that would go nicely in there dude. All door cards and armrest and glove box. I'll sell it to you mad cheap. And I've got a set of leather legacy seats that would be better than stockers. Drive that beast to strangeley

Ryan99OBS

So i went to order some ebay headers that ive seen 100 times for 139.99 and for some reason they are now 439.99..... great. So i went and gambled on some other headers. Hopefully they work out. Also still waiting on mike to get ahold of me. Seems to be MIA.

Ryan99OBS

Rokblokz are on.

Bought an n1 tsudo catback from dan.

Headers will be in tomorrow and all slapped together.

Debating on lowering springs. Any input?

Latest posts

Back