***Suggestion Box***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stein

Stein
I suggest that the site stop crashing unexpectedly...
I'm pretty sure they got hacked, but there were tons of issues that suddenly popped up regardless. They were fixing it.

MS crashed for me too last night. I could get the the main page, but nothing else (no threads, no usercp, no searches, etc).

Carter

Administrator
I'm pretty sure they got hacked, but there were tons of issues that suddenly popped up regardless. They were fixing it.MS crashed for me too last night. I could get the the main page, but nothing else (no threads, no usercp, no searches, etc).
They meaning me?
default_biggrin.png

We were not hacked, ive narrowed it down to a script that is supposed to repair optimize and back up every night automatically. Instead it crashed all the database tables and an auto attempt to repair failed. I manually repaired the tables via putty and for now things are fine. We'll see tonight.

Stein

Stein
They meaning me?
default_additional_sillylol.gif

We were not hacked, ive narrowed it down to a script that is supposed to repair optimize and back up every night automatically. Instead it crashed all the database tables and an auto attempt to repair failed. I manually repaired the tables via putty and for now things are fine. We'll see tonight.
nono, I was talking about overclock.net.

Tyler

Okay, enough picking on Carter .. I think the owner of the site deserves a little more respect than that. Sorry Carter!
default_additional_sillylol.gif

GClark

i had this problem before too, when u go to the modification section of the garage and go to the add the product in the little pop up window, the company wont be there, but will it is in the main screen...

Carter

Administrator
i had this problem before too, when u go to the modification section of the garage and go to the add the product in the little pop up window, the company wont be there, but will it is in the main screen...

I just approved your businesses, The problem is with the CND Garage a moderator or administrator needs to approve all additions no matter what they are. The thing is, I never check it and I'm sure the mods dont check it either. I will bring this up to the mods and ask them to check it once in a while to approve new listings.

hockysk8

Ive been to some forums where supporting members have something that says "supporting member" on the left side under their name. Might be a good fund raising idea if this site will do that!

Nate

Founding Father
yah we have wrestled with the idea in the past. i like the idea, we have just come to a road block about how to implement it without looking like the site is begging for money.

we do have a: Support Us link at the top in the toolbar. its a way for members to paypal in some money to support the site if they feel they want to. i think one member has used it. haha.

with summer meets coming we might revisit this... funds are always a good thing to have for the club.

hockysk8

it wouldnt look like the site was begging would it? it may attract more people (i know it would me) to throw some money in because they are actually getting something in return...besides helping a kick ass site obviously!!
default_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back