***Suggestion Box***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

Founding Father
You may just have to deal till the new year. 2010 brings some new stuff to MS. The new VBulletin 4 should be nice. Might have what you want.

Tyler

Just click on the little blue down arrow thingie right before the title of the thread. It should bring you back to where you left off.

Tyler

Hey! What'd I do?
default_cheerleader.gif

Stein

Stein
Just click on the little blue down arrow thingie right before the title of the thread. It should bring you back to where you left off.
That's what I do now, but its a pain for some reason not being able to do it from in thread.

Stein

Stein
But if you're already in the thread, why would you need to do that?
because maybe you don't remember which post and/or page you left off on...

and/or you don't want to scroll down and figure out where you are.

Tyler

default_wink.png
Pages aren't THAT long
default_wink.png
Why don't you just read the whole thing while you're in there and then just hit the blue thing when there are new posts?

Stein

Stein
inorite?

But really, if, say I read this thread a week ago, and I want to reread the first post, there's no easy way to jump ahead to where I left off reading.

Plus, the code is all there for the link. All that has to be done is put it in (although with text instead of that little down arrow) at the top of the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nate

Founding Father
I mean I see where you're coming from. But I've never had to go back and read the first page of a thread I'm interested in.

I mean I usually use the "new posts" link from the home page. and then while searching down the list of topics, i just use the little blue down arrow next to the title. Worse case I have to scroll up a couple posts to familiarize.

Stein

Stein
I mean I see where you're coming from. But I've never had to go back and read the first page of a thread I'm interested in.
I mean I usually use the "new posts" link from the home page. and then while searching down the list of topics, i just use the little blue down arrow next to the title. Worse case I have to scroll up a couple posts to familiarize.
that's what I do.

Would it be that hard to add the link though?

Tyler

inorite?
But really, if, say I read this thread a week ago, and I want to reread the first post, there's no easy way to jump ahead to where I left off reading.

Plus, the code is all there for the link. All that has to be done is put it in (although with text instead of that little down arrow) at the top of the thread.
New posts > click on blue thing > click on first page > hit forward when you're done rereading the page
default_biggrin.png

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I've never had that problem. I have thread updates go to my email. So I just click on them there. And it brings me to the latest post.

Within a minute of getting an email I get a notification on my computer. So I get to threads pretty quickly after the last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back