The life, death, and ressurection of a king.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Awesome!!! I'm sure you'll get it back together. This is minor compared to what you've already done to it!!!

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
think of it as putting the RS on an immediate diet. At least you had fun doing it though.
BMW Andrew threatened to protest my classing if I beat his times (I did). Surprisingly the fender and liner are pretty light. I could have lost more weight if I stopped being lazy and dropped my skidplate and pulled the seats for the day. autocross isn't worth the effort unless folks want to really challenge me for times, otherwise it's just for fun.

Speaking of weight, the light bar quick disconnect setup was AWESOME this morning. Had the thing off in under a minute. I like good engineering.

Last edited by a moderator:

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
2011-05-02%2015.59.08.jpg

Dur.

I sanded and painted some light surface rust. Brown is the rustoleum rusty metal primer. Then I hit it with a top coat of ford metallic blue which is close enough for something that is going to be covered by a fender.

Once the fender goes on I need to figure out how the hell I'm going to remount the liner. I'm being lazy though and just driving the Jeep until everything is painted.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
2011-05-03%2017.52.48.jpg

Looks okay from far away. There's some gap between the fender and door, but I'm done mucking with it. Fender liner needed to go back in because it protects some wiring plus keeps me from spraying dirt into the door area. Good thing I've got a bag full of put body parts back on the car hardware thanks to the race mustang. Put in a ton of pop its. I'll be converting my mudflaps from bolts to pop its as well so this wont happen in the future.

At some point I'll buy new (used) fenders. I also want a wrx hood for the weight loss, so maybe front end conversion
default_biggrin.png

Someday right.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Looks like ass in person. Just photographs okay.

Paint is chipped in spots. Just blasted it with my ford touch up paint. The chips are where the fender folded. Shit was straight up taco'd.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Light bar is in the back seat since the car has become a commuter slut.

My exhaust is cracked like 3/4's around the circumference of the midpipe. It cracked at the midpipe hanger, so we TIG'd on a patch. Of course it cracked on the other side of the hanger. Parking garage this morning was just obnoxious maneuvering around as the exhaust echo'd through the LOVING place. I'll have to patch it sooner rather than later.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Figured out WHY my exhaust was cracking. On the muffler hanger, there's a bracket with a bolt to hold one of the rubber mounts in. The bracket and bolt were pretty mangled, and the bolt must have made an escape. I ended up using some coat hanger to get the hanger back in place so the can will stop flailing around and torquing my exhaust, but I'll have to find/buy a new bracket and bolt. That and sleeve the exhaust. Might be able to squeeze it in during mustang tuning this week...

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Yeah exhausts don't like it when hangers are missing, they tend to fail somewhere near that point.

Fender looks good considering what it looked like after that run. Sounds like you broke your exhaust in about the same spot that is cracked on mine.

Latest posts

Back