The life, death, and ressurection of a king.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I feel like a jerk for not keeping up with this thread...

You're going to have to explain to me all the bushing work you did sometime. I still want to get some new ones in the car and your recommendation of Turn In Concepts is where I am going. I know that you did the lateral links and rear trailing arms as well as the kartboy shifter "kit" in addition to the Clunk Killer set for the outrigger bushings and the rear differential. PM me to discuss when you have the time...
PM'd good sir.

Ray

The Northernah'
glad the seats worked out, random "what do you want for those" buys sometimes are the best!
default_additional_thumbsup.gif

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
glad the seats worked out, random "what do you want for those" buys sometimes are the best!
default_additional_thumbsup.gif
Yeah, I swapped the covers around to make one good seat. The rip on the bottom cushion Evergreens traveling upholstery dude said he couldn't fix because the leather shrunk, but I'll either throw it in the car with gorrilla tape as a temp patch, or wait and get it re-upholstered. Doesn't really matter, I don't sit in the pass seat so who cares
default_biggrin.png

Right now I'm running miss-matched seats, but hey, comfort first right. For the cheap monies my back feels a lot better and I got an aftermarket heater kit to throw in it, which will make my back muy happy after a long day of standing in fields and swapping tires on the car.

krazykarpenter

Your new seat is great. The N/A seats are POOP anyway but your old one was just horribly uncomfortable I only sat in it a few times and my back hurt

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Sound deadening? bah! Take a ride in my GL and tell me about noise. haha. That was a LONG drive to Orono, and back from Lincoln for the snirty drive...

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Your new seat is great. The N/A seats are POOP anyway but your old one was just horribly uncomfortable I only sat in it a few times and my back hurt
Yeah dude, I don't know what happened to eff out the stock seats so bad. Funny that Ray's older seats are an improvement. Only thing I miss about the stock seats is the side bolstering
default_frown.gif

Funny thing about leather RS seats. Talking to Joel at EG he was saying that they don't really exist to Subaru proper. Apparently some dealers had leather put in RS's before they left the lot, but they didn't come off the boat with leather. Pretty cool!

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

2011-04-24%2014.54.41.jpg

1:3 - And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

2011-04-24%2016.46.16.jpg

1:4 - And God saw the light, and it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Happy Easter

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
WOW!!!!!! I haven't been keeping up. Nice "project", Dan. Whatcha DD now?
Thanks! I'm about to head out to sears to get more junk :|

As for what I'm DDin'. I'm running the Subaru. It's better on gas than the Cherokee. The Cherokee is now backup/parts hauler/dump,bottle,stuff hauler. I want to slight lift and big tire the jeep so I can do minor offroading stuff with my dad, sister, and some local friends. I like having the cherokee because I can go to a racing event in it and not worry about getting to where I need to be the next day. If it breaks, I'll fix it, and drive the cherokee in the meantime.

It's been an absolute crazy 8 months for me with the whole car situation, but I'm happy how things have turned out.

Doing a long trip tomorrow to Castine then Bangor then back home. Really looking forward to it.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Needed a 17mm crows foot wrench. Going to put the oil pressure gauge in.

Coincidentally the lights on my lightbar are also 17mm bolts. This works out well, because I used angle stock as a crossbar, so getting to the light bolts is impossible. You either have to take the light bar off the car. Or use this:

2011-04-26%2014.47.26.jpg

Some would argue I designed the bar poorly, but I like how the angle stock covers the bolts and wiring up. Since I was getting a 17mm crows foot anyway for the oil gauge, it made doing the bar this way feasible. The bar also comes off super easy, two bolts on the sides that are easy to get to, and a trailer wiring connector to disconnect the lights. Handy for autocross where I don't need lights or extra weight.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Yesterday.

Drove to Castine to pick up my sisters stuff. Then went to Bangor for the club dinner and to see college friends. Spend 4+ hours in the RS. Thing drove well, still good on gas. Pulls a little bit, need to poke around when I do the steering rack bushings.

Stopped by the Bucksport Bridge to get out and stretch. Back wasn't fairing too well.

2011-04-27%2014.06.04.jpg

Sidetrack time: I hate pictures like this. Stupid parking hard look at me I do nothing with my car pictures. I could park a ferrari or a chevy cavalier in the same spot with the same exact results. Parking hard shots are dumb. I was just happy to take a picture of my crappy car making it all the way to Bucksport with out vomiting driveline parts or catching on fire. The picture isn't about parking hard, its about triumphing over so much bullshit with this car (along with other cars) over the past few months.

On the way up, saw this overpriced guy.

2011-04-27%2013.55.08.jpg

Clean car, "new transmission", 4200. No thanks. I love SVX's even though they're bad cars.

When I got to Castine, I loaded the RS up with her crap to move, and then we walked around campus. I'm sure coupedupsubie would have more detail to add and talk about since he's in my sisters class, but I'm just posting pictures of stuff from the school I should have gone to. (hindsight is 20/20). I just took pictures of stuff I thought was cool.

2011-04-27%2015.12.18.jpg

2011-04-27%2015.16.36.jpg

2011-04-27%2015.17.05.jpg

While I was out, I picked up a new toy for the RS........

2011-04-27%2015.20.38.jpg

What.

2011-04-27%2015.20.45.jpg

Just kidding. It's one of the schools turbos. And not for cars.

After the machine shop and diesels lab, I got to walk around the schools boat.

2011-04-27%2015.33.42.jpg

Bit bigger drivelines than I'm used to working on. I tried to stay away from them and not touch them since I didn't want my luck to rub off.

2011-04-27%2015.34.53.jpg

2011-04-27%2015.36.14.jpg

Important people buttons.

2011-04-27%2015.36.24.jpg

Engine room computer terminal thing that shows you cool stats on whats going on with the boat.

All over the engine room each class has sign things.

2011-04-27%2015.38.19.jpg

These days people find odd things to take pride in. Often times overlooking the things they should care about and trumpeting around things that are frivolous. This isn't about me, or my sister, or anyone on here, just a general comment about society and a food for thought note about life.

My sister has walked by these things hundreds of times. To her they're just another part of the ship. Which is understandable, anyone would be desensitized to them after being around them so much.

But to me, they were fantastic. Each class having one. The idea that so many students have come through, learned so much on the ship, and were able to leave their mark, it really leaves a wonderful sense of community and capability. The students and teachers are able to keep this ship running, go all over the world, and learn while doing it. This is something to be cherished.

2011-04-27%2015.38.11.jpg

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

2011-04-24%2014.54.41.jpg

1:3 - And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

2011-04-24%2016.46.16.jpg

1:4 - And God saw the light, and it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Happy Easter

mmm, Moarrr EYEBALLS!

getting to be that seeing Subies w/o extra eyeballs, they look half done or something

Last edited by a moderator:

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Going around a long sweeper during autox, the fender liner and the tire kissed. This started a chain reaction of bad. Fender liner ripped out and got pooped out the side of the car, this pulled the mudflap forward onto the tire, pulling the fender up into the wheel well. The fender was crinkled, so I unbolted it and threw it in the pile with the liner and mudflap. Drove the rest of the day like that and drove it home. I'll put it all back together tomorrow. Fender is fine, just a little crinkled.

Had damn good times as well....

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Good time is all that matters!!

I've folded fenders up into the wheel well driving through the woods...

Latest posts

Back