The life, death, and ressurection of a king.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
RS made it to NEFR and back! Put a ton of miles on it.

2011-07-15%25252008.08.58.jpg

2011-07-15%25252008.09.18.jpg

Kitted her up with the light bar and full size spare. Lord knows if I don't over pack, POOP will go wrong.

Ray

The Northernah'
RS looked good man, sorry if I seemed grumpy or w/e friday morning, I was on 2.5 hours of sleep and wasnt very with it.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Spent all afternoon working on the RS, went to Beach Ridge, then came home and worked on the RS so I could get to work tomorrow :|

2011-07-17%25252013.25.47.jpg

2011-07-17%25252013.25.55.jpg

2011-07-17%25252013.34.21.jpg

Dropped the exhaust as one piece to fix that crack. Now the thing is LOVING quiet again. Three hose clamps also took care of rattling heat shields. For all you smarty pants, yes I know I can rip the heat shields off, but lord knows if I did that, I'd set some poor farmers field on fire at a rallycross or something...

Exhaust was dropped as one piece, crack fixed, shields clamped, and rehung. Inspection is due this month.

When I had the Legacy, I got new bulbs for it, but never got around to putting them in. Turns out they're the same 9007 that goes in my RS. Plopped them in. GE Nighthawks. The bulbs that came out were date stamped 2001 (140,000 miles). No wonder they sucked DONKEY. When I ran up the road tonight to make sure the car was in order, I had the hellas capped, so I just played with stockers. There is a noticeable difference in light amount. I can still easily outdrive the high beams, but it's an improvement. I wont be crapping my pants as much when forced to low beams. Future plans are to dehaze the light housing and redo the headlight wiring to get the most out of the stock lights.

Also picked up another trailer hitch plug (two plug) so I can ground my light bar better.

The RS has a slight hesitation at 4k rpms. No one notices it except me. Only noticed it this weekend. All I did was put the light bar back on. If I have time I'll throw a Taien's DIY grounding kit at the car to see if that solves it. Seems plausible since I've dicked with so much of the engine wiring + added wiring. My RS25 searching lead me to believe grounding would help.

Still need to get the new gravels mounted and get the speedo adjuster in this week before Friday....

Last edited by a moderator:

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Clearanced the exhaust a little bit tonight with a big hose clamp. It was a little too close to the rear driveshaft cover for my liking.

Still working on here and there things to get ready for this weekend.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Clearanced the exhaust a little bit tonight with a big hose clamp. It was a little too close to the rear driveshaft cover for my liking.

Still working on here and there things to get ready for this weekend.
What's this weekend...?????
default_biggrin.png

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
The dirt drive the car did AWESOME.

5970230928_616fd767e3_z.jpg

5970232896_cb0be12e22_z.jpg

5970234580_ed641feec2_z.jpg

5968692120_1f9e6f9186_z.jpg

5970861275_334070ac8d_z.jpg

Only two issues on the drive. Hit a bump hard and all of a sudden the exhaust got louder.... The axleback sheared the heads off the flange bolts. Took the can off this week after work and got new bolts friday morning to mount 'er up.

I also broke a lateral link......

IMG_3931.jpg

Scary ass drive home from Bangor. Welded it back together last Sunday. It's "good enough", but Gabe (Trainable) hooked me up with his WRX lateral links which I'll be throwing on tomorrow.

Took the RS into Evergreen for a little lovin' on a long running issue I didn't want to deal with myself....

Along with the work done, I passed my Maine State Inspection.

This morning I got up early, put my exhaust back on with new bolts but no gasket, because EG could just slam a gasket in and call it a day. Put my lateral link back in and reinstalled the swaybar. Unfogged my headlights. Topped off any fluids. Mounted my snows to pass inspection.

That's after being busy all week with real life stuff and not having time to fix stuff on the car from the dirt drive. I'm looking forward to sleeping tomorrow......

Last edited by a moderator:

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
so the king broke a hip eh? Glad you got it all fixed up.
default_cool.png
Yeah, I lucked out. Rear link was easy to hold in place with some JB weld over night and some zip ties. Got it home and welded it.

Turns out my father went on a business trip, so instead of driving the RS I drove his commuter mustang all week.

So a fresh set of 06 wrx links are going in tomorrow, and the RS links will get added into the racing spare parts collection. I'll eventually upgrade or fab my own stronger links, but for now it's "good enough".

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I assume you had EG fix your hesitation issue?

What was the matter? My legacy has a weird hesitation sometimes, I'm thinking TPS is probably getting a bad connection in the riostat. But I have yet to find time to check that (pretty easy).

But maybe whatever fixed yours will fix mine too...

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I assume you had EG fix your hesitation issue?

What was the matter? My legacy has a weird hesitation sometimes, I'm thinking TPS is probably getting a bad connection in the riostat. But I have yet to find time to check that (pretty easy).

But maybe whatever fixed yours will fix mine too...
No, hesitation issue is just bad grounds on the light bar. Only hesitates when that's connected. Just need to ground that out better.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Removed the haze from my headlights last Saturday morning so I could pass inspection.

Turns out my lights have a cut-off line and lights function? I park in a parking garage at work, I was surprised to see the daytime running lights working amazing in that place in the early AM. I have yet to drive it at night with the de-hazed lights.

Some people saw how bad my lights were. They were awful. I just need to find something to apply to them to keep them from hazing up again.

Latest posts

Back