The unofficial GUN talk thread

smelt240

Its funny looking, I thought it should be part of a Wii shooting game or something....the wife thought it was a Lego gun...it does seem kind of irresponsible on Taurus' part to make it look like this, but if I had kids, they would know not to touch it anyway I guess... Ive never has any interest in a Taurus, other than maybe a Judge, just cause its different, but I like big handguns anyway.

smelt240

Nate

Founding Father
This is on the table today. My lady's duty gun after a full day of range qualifying. Ewww Sig.... On a positive Lewiston PD will be changing to Glock Gen4's soon.

20130526_092734_zps6b4b99ff.jpg

smelt240

No, only the tough guys who call in fires so they can shoot volunteer firefighters are allowed to have a weapon at a call....

Nate, you get caught up on sleep yet from the last bunch of fires in Lewiston, or didn't they use you guys much?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nate

Founding Father
Oh I'm about caught up now. I was at every one of them. I was actually on duty for the 30 acres woods fire and the second arson fire. Got called in on the other two arson fires while off shift.. Long week and a half.

I work for Lewiston full time. We don't have any volunteer positions. It's a 100% career department.

smelt240

Kill it with fire....
Better yet, I traded it for a nice little green laser illuminator for my -unwanted nighttime visitor removal device- AR15, plus a couple other trinkets.... coyotes or trespassers found to be in violation are in more trouble now... it lights up a pretty good area at 100 yds...

Oh I'm about caught up now. I was at every one of them. I was actually on duty for the 30 acres woods fire and the second arson fire. Got called in on the other two arson fires while off shift.. Long week and a half.

I work for Lewiston full time. We don't have any volunteer positions. It's a 100% career department.
I actually thought you worked for Auburn for some reason... maybe I saw a silver WRX at one of their stations or something...

smelt240

Me likes my USP .45 tactical.....  I could never get into shooting a Glock, probably because Ive had the HK's for so long... the different grip feels alien to me or something. Kind of like a 1911... I know they are great, and Ill probably get one sometime, but I like shooting the HK too much to get used to something else.

inski

Burned up some .45 today.  Had some problems with the TulammoBrass.  A few (every 3rd ) had failed primer ignitions.  Don't buy that crap.  

The Springfield, Remington, and Kahr all got warmed up a bit.  The boys ran their fullsize 45s while I ran the Kahr.  My wife is now thinking about getting her own pistol.

smelt240

So, I backed out of the getting the illuminator for the super cool zombie gun trade... traded for a Norinco SKS instead.... plus a bunch of 12 ga buckshot and slugs. Anybody got a 30rd mag for an SKS floating around?

Latest posts

Back