The unofficial GUN talk thread

Nate

Founding Father
You sure you didn't bounce the trigger with a slightly weak grip? The shorter trigger reset means that you only have to come back just a touch. If you aren't following through, and actively holding the trigger to the rear in each shot, it's easy to bounce the trigger and essentially bump fire it under recoil. Seen this with both stock and modified Glock's.

Jamey

You sure you didn't bounce the trigger with a slightly weak grip? The shorter trigger reset means that you only have to come back just a touch. If you aren't following through, and actively holding the trigger to the rear in each shot, it's easy to bounce the trigger and essentially bump fire it under recoil. Seen this with both stock and modified Glock's.
I usually have a good grip , I sometimes tend hold it to tight , like I said it didn't happen again so most likely my doing then

i-wagon

Mine did it with lousy connector, but while dad was shooting, so I'm not sure of it was him out the gun

brighton

Rally Fluffer
Buxton Hollis range is nice , Sundays for some reason there always busy tho

On a side note my glock for some reason decides to shoot 2 times with one trigger pull cleared chamber took gun apart and cleaned ,ran 50 rnds didn't do it again. Any ideas. Why it did this ? I was using brass. After that happened I used steel no issues

I had that happen to a Glock 17 I rented a few years ago at Manchester Firing Line. I brought it back to the counter ad the guys said the same thing....You must be doing this....Wrong.the next person to rent the same gun, it did the same thing...The range blamed it on a weak spring. 

Nate

Founding Father
Those range guns are beat, and dirty. That malfunction doesn't surprise me coming from a gun with 40-50,000 rounds. The cruciform on the back edge of the trigger bar, and firing pin can eventually wear down to an out of spec size. They need to spend like $25 and fix it. I think a new Glock 19 ( especially a Gen4) wouldn't have loose springs, or worn parts. I call bump fire!

And Matt, I think I could look at yours sometime. I think we could reinstall that connector. Just needs to maybe be adjusted.

inski

See if there is any interest in a Glock 34.  Full competition ready.  I can leave it loaded with all the goodies. Ready to rock and well maintained. Roughly 1,500 rounds down range.  You could eat off the inside.

Goodies:

Full trigger work polishing and re-profiling

Ghost ultimate trigger connector and spring set

Trijicon HD night sights

Ghost extended slide release

extended slide stop

extended mag release (reshaped)

grip plug

mine!

High speed

Low drag 

teflon coated

barrel chested

swamp cooled

Might experiment with stippling on this gun.

Ty Ty

Ok...I am done fiddling with the Mossberg for a while.  S&J magazine extension installed.

8947974033_cfd7c0c4de_b.jpg

8947972353_1eec8483de_c.jpg

inski

Enjoy it.. You may never see it that clean again.
I hope not!  If its dirty that means I'm using it.  If I'm using it that means all is well in inskiville.

Whacha going to do with the XD45?
The XD45-TAC is my son's pistol.  I guess he's going to keep it at least until he gets back from boot camp and AIT next fall.  Unless he finds something heavily in his favor before the end of July.

Holy cow Ty!  You can shred some turnips with that dandy. 8)

inski

Do your sites co-witness the optics?

Does your rear sling mount rattle a lot?  I got my son a single point sling and I'd like to put the same eye loop on the back like I had on my AR but I can't remember the brand.  The only ones I can find are the chain link ones like yours.

Gretsch308

Do your sites co-witness the optics?

Does your rear sling mount rattle a lot? I got my son a single point sling and I'd like to put the same eye loop on the back like I had on my AR but I can't remember the brand. The only ones I can find are the chain link ones like yours.
Yes and yes, the end plate is a Magpul ASAP. They make plenty that us the QD swivels or just have a hole for the strap hook/swivel.

Nate

Founding Father
I want to confess I'm a 9mm fanboy. Couple of my Glock handguns. 26, 19, 17 Gen4. All built with full trigger jobs and springs, Gen3 trigger bars, night sights, Vickers extended goodies. Yummy.

20130607_090126_zps5d9c988b.jpg

20130607_090537_zpsc26bb01b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back